Electrical circuit problems?

RichardRichard Posts: 1Member
edited July 2013 in D6x0/D7x0/D8x0
D800 Receive last August 2012. I may have an electrical circuit problem and would like some tech input. Here is what has happened:
Shortly after purchase I bought a GPS unit with a remote shutter release. Opteka GPN-1. The GPS works fine but the remote shutter release does not function.
Next, I purchase a Power 2000 AC Adapter and DC Coupler kit, When plugged in the transformer is outputting power but the camera will not power up. Camera works just fine when using the standard battery.
Next, I purchased a Eye-Fi Pro X2 16BG - it does not function. It records images but will not transmit to the computer. When the card is placed in the Eye-Fi Card reader it downloads the images to the computer. Eye-Fi diagnostic log shows an error and that card shuts down after timeout. I can't identify all the code. After Eye-Fi said they are sending me a replacement card, I thought I would see if the card would work in my knock-about Canon Powershot SX-20 IS. Eye-Fi Website said it was compatible. I put it in the SD slot and......it downloaded the images like it is suppose to..
Both suppliers are sending me replacement units.
Thinking about these problems I began to think I have an electrical circuit problem in my D800.
My question is: Since all these items require an electrical circuit are they 1. on the same circuit? 2. could an electrical circuit problem be the cause of these item not functioning or am I just having bad equipment purchases. It seems too coincidental to be all bad equipment especially since the Eye-Fi card works in the Canon SX-20. (Maybe a different voltage or something that allows it to work????)
Next, this week I am to receive a new remote wireless shutter release with timers. Nikon Brand. If it doesn't work and trigger the shutter I'm going to have to dig out my 3 Year Gold Warranty Plan with the we cover everything option, and start reading the fine print.
Any Technicians out there that would like to input would be helpful.
Tagged:

Comments

• sevencrossingsevencrossing Posts: 2,800Member
    If it doesn't work and trigger the shutter I'm going to have to dig out my 3 Year Gold Warranty Plan with the we cover everything option, and start reading the fine print.
    defiantly read the small print
    the warranty may be void by using 3rd party equipment

• JJ_SOJJ_SO Posts: 1,158Member
    If the camera works otherwise fine, I would suspect, some of those non-Nikon accessories are not as compatible as they claim to be.

GPS and remote: Wireless or wired? If wired, there can't be a problem with camera circuit because the device is tagging data. For that it needs power.

Power coupler: I don't know anything about that device. Can you test it with other cameras like D7000, D7100 V1?

For eye-fi there's a small paragraph in the manual, page 339 - how about take a read? ;)