INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE FIRST.

Comments

• spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    Good man, welcome.
    Always learning.
  • RussKRussK Posts: 4Member
    Hi from the frozen environs of Eastern Ontario.
    Serious amateur since I retired 11 years ago but I've enjoyed photography all my life.
    An avid reader of this forum for about 6 months now. Like many of you, I'm looking for any indication as to the future direction of photography. My D200, which I've treasured since I preordered it upon it's introduction, is aging fast. Buy now? Wait for the D300/D7000 successor(s)? Who knows. Meanwhile, I get out taking pictures & enjoy my hobby.
  • MsmotoMsmoto Posts: 5,398Moderator
    @ RussK

Welcome to NRF. think this is waiting time...unless you have a bundle of money and want to go D800 or D4. The new DX bodies should be introduced soon (3-6 months). And, I had a D200 and am kicking myself for having sold it.
    Msmoto, mod
  • RussKRussK Posts: 4Member
    @Msmoto

Thanks. No, not a bunch of $....at least not for a camera. I'd prefer to put anything above $1500 to $2000 into good glass. Up here, to photograph in the winter, one needs a weather sealed camera. Maybe a D800............?
    Maybe you can start a thread on "D200 Replacement?"
    Msmoto, mod
  • Dredden85Dredden85 Posts: 365Member
    spraynpray said, "I hate how yous guys dive out of the room behind lead before you turn the machine on"

We [radiographers] have to make sure that we don't radiated too. But is fun to dim the lights at the same time of the exposure. It really creeps the patient out! I know.. bad x-ray humor!
    The great thing about radiography it is very similar to photography.
    D7000, 18-200VRII | 50 1.8G | SB-900
  • keiremkeirem Posts: 2Member
    Hello,
    I'm a new member, got back into photography last summer with
    a D5100 and a Nikon1 J1.
  • FotimenafilmFotimenafilm Posts: 1Member
    hello,

my friend and I recently started internet photo gallery - www.fotimenafilm.cz - where only analog photographs are displayed. We feel that analogue photographs possess a more authentic and unique feel then their digital counterparts. We believe that film has a soul, an essence perhaps, thanks to which it records a moment in time more intensely and deeply. We are also discovering the purpose of deeper control over the whole photographic process and working with the film from it’s loading to the scanning of the negative, personally, by hand.

We both shoot with Nikon FM2. I also read NR on regular basis, which is why I share this with you.

Have a good day

www.fotimenafilm.cz
  • CitizenDCitizenD Posts: 29Member
    Hi All,

I have been following you since a couple of weeks now, looking for some information for replacing my dead D5100 (rip). and I got stuck here ever since then ...

I will probably get a D7000 replacement, for I can no longer stand waiting !
    For the record, I drowned my D5100 a few months ago while exploring an underground quarry in Paris suburbs, in France, which I happen to visit regularly. Those are amazing places for photographers. very challenging, not very rewarding at the beginning, but definitely very instructive ... These weird places are the one that made me starting to love and understand taking pictures !

Looking back for pictures to post on PAD, it makes me realize the progress I made, trying, failing, and trying again, but also understand the work I still need to address ;)
    Thanks a lot to all of you for running this forum, and the impressive quality of your contributions and pictures !

Welcome CitizenD.

Jump in, post on PAD, and have fun,

msmoto
    Msmoto, mod
  • CitizenDCitizenD Posts: 29Member
    thank you (mission completed !)
  • DHunterDHunter Posts: 5Member
    edited February 2013
    Hello from Arkansas. Been a photog since I got my Brownie! Was photog for everything I did or joined including the USAF and State Hwy Dept. for 30 years total. I was a lab rat alot in those days and shot everything from Konica's to Nikons and Mamiya 645 and 6x7, aerial Wild RC8 aerial mapping camera, and large handheld aerials, 16mm film, and video. Last film camera sitting here was a Nikon F3. Loved that.
    I bought and tried a D70, D200, D300 as they came along. I still have all of those but it was just time to get a 5 year itch scratched and momentarily get caught up on technology. So after much study decided the D600 would serve my needs more so than just jumping on the D800. I think they are getting to be close to film and a lot easier on me. I print using several Epsons. I have a couple of R800 and replaced my 1800 when it lost it's USB connection with a 1900 which I see has now been replaced with an R3000!
    I don't like to say I'm a Pro unless that means you got paid for shooting photography half your life, so far.
    I had to keep from using that term in court many times to testify. You don't want to go there.
    I will never figure all of this out and now we got cameras that are computers with a lens on it!
    Post edited by DHunter on
  • warprintswarprints Posts: 61Member
    Guess I should add my bio again. Been a member of NR for 4 years. I started with photography and doing my own darkroom work in 1964. In the late 70s I was into Cibachrome, doing color darkroom work. Taught a few photography classes while in grad school. Professionally, I have been a swamp ecologist and a lawyer. Photography remains an avid hobby. Living in south Louisiana now.
  • turnthedarncranksturnthedarncranks Posts: 116Member
    Hi all. I'm a DC resident who's been lurking around these parts for a long time. My dad's always been a pretty serious amateur photographer, and I dabbled in SLRs in the late film days. I got a D7000 last year and have trying to get better educated and take more shots. I photograph my kids more than anything, but also love photographing insects and cool stuff in the woods. I just don't get a chance to do that nearly as much as I'd like to, often because I am off riding a bicycle (hence my screen name). I look forward to getting good advice and maybe posting the occasional Photo of the Day.
  • LeonRSLeonRS Posts: 2Member
    Hey guys. I just joined this board the other day, but have been reading NR for more than a year now. My name's Leon, 25, Im a cognitive science student from Germany and I have a little photography business as my second job. I shoot mostly people. If you like, check out some of my work on www.leonsuetfeld.com. I currently use a D800, but thinking about getting 1-2 D3200s for stereoscopic photography, which is something I've been playing around with lately.
    Welcome to all the new folks...post some of your photos on the Photo-A-Day thread and show us what you do. Please post only one photos per 24 hours...thanks
    Msmoto, mod
  • RienzphotozRienzphotoz Posts: 1Member
    Hi, long time reader, first time poster ... .I live in the Middle East. Used to shoot with only Nikon ... but in 2007 moved on to Canon for their 17-55 f/2.8 IS ... Although I now use 5D MK III with some L glass, I still have the Nikon D80 which I occasionally use with a Sigma 18-250 OS ... why did I register on Nikon Rumors Forum? Well, I am about to make a purchase either the Nikon 28-300mm VR or 18-300mm VR lens along with a D7000 or D5200 or contemplating waiting till April for D8000? to release, so need some advice on a purchase decision (which would be used for the occasional quick photos in the desert when I need reach without having to change lenses).
    Welcome....my suggestion is you look over some of the current threads...many are about the new APSC bodies coming out from Nikon and others are lens recommendations.
    Msmoto, mod
  • stl_bagloverstl_baglover Posts: 7Member
    I am a new member, I am interested in learning photography so I can take pictures of my daughters. I also like to take pictures of animals and pretty much whatever catches my eye, I have signed up for a few lessons now, I am just waiting to get a camera that works right :)
    I was having dust issues with my D600 and joined this forum because this is a friendly forum and members are respectful, so far it has been a pleasant place to be at. After 3 failed attempts with the D600, I am not sure what I will buy next or If I will even stick to Nikon or go back to Canon.
  • NSXTypeRNSXTypeR Posts: 2,287Member
    edited February 2013
    Hi from the frozen environs of Eastern Ontario.
    Serious amateur since I retired 11 years ago but I've enjoyed photography all my life.
    An avid reader of this forum for about 6 months now. Like many of you, I'm looking for any indication as to the future direction of photography. My D200, which I've treasured since I preordered it upon it's introduction, is aging fast. Buy now? Wait for the D300/D7000 successor(s)? Who knows. Meanwhile, I get out taking pictures & enjoy my hobby.
    What sort of photography do you do?

If it's not sports intensive, a D7000 should be good enough.

Welcome to NRF guys!

There's a whole generation of people who won't know the mod culling might of NikoDoby...
    Post edited by NSXTypeR on
    Nikon D7000/ Nikon D40/ Nikon FM2/ 18-135 AF-S/ 35mm 1.8 AF-S/ 105mm Macro AF-S/ 50mm 1.2 AI-S
    "There's a whole generation of people who won't know the mod culling might of NikoDoby..."

=))
    Always learning.
  • PhyramidePhyramide Posts: 4Member
    Hello NikonRumors community!

As many others long time reader and first time poster. I live in Estonia (Europe). Graduated as a HVAC engineer any working in this area. As for photography - hobby and passion.... I would even write "the Hobby" and "the Passion"... =) and I would consider my self as an experienced amateur. Updated from D90 to D800 some weeks ago... So now happily exploring new possibilities that are now open.

Would like to thank the great NikonRumors crew for their time, effort and wiliness for making NikonRumors.com work and work good!

Hope I also can bring some good to the community as well!
    Wish every body a good day!
    Welcome Phyramide!
    Always learning.
  • adamzadamz Posts: 842Moderator
    welcome to the forum Phyramide, glad to see someone else from Central Europe

@Dhunter - which part of AR You from, I've spent some time of my life near Heber Springs
  • PeterBexPeterBex Posts: 3Member
    Hello
    I am just about to place an order for a D4 and three lenses and as this will be the first Nikon equipment that I have owned. I am both excited and a little apprehensive - there is a steep learning curve ahead. I have joined NR because I think that here I may learn a lot about Nikon equipment and photography generally. I am looking forward to following the threads.

I live in Somerset, UK, with my wife and our two dogs. We spend as much time as possible outdoors walking, exploring and photographing wildlife.

Peter