Nikon Scaling Back Refurb Sales?

BVSBVS Posts: 440Member
edited July 2015 in Nikon DSLR cameras
Is Nikon USA scaling back their refurb sales or something? All but one lens has been removed from their refurbs page, and all the newest cameras are gone, including the D810, D750, and D7200. Historically, there have been about 70-90 total refurb items available. Now it's down to just 33, most of which are old compacts. Anyone know what is going on?
D7100, 85 1.8G, 50 1.8G, 35 1.8G DX, Tokina 12-28 F4, 18-140, 55-200 VR DX

Comments

• spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    Sold out maybe?
    Always learning.
  • ThomasHortonThomasHorton Posts: 323Member
    Probably a supply problem. They can only sell refurb stuff that has been refurb.

I would take this as a good sign about the quality of Nikon.
    Gear: Camera obscura with an optical device which transmits and refracts light.
  • BVSBVS Posts: 440Member
    Probably a supply problem. They can only sell refurb stuff that has been refurb.

Seems like more than just that though. I check out the refurb page pretty regularly and I've never seen it anything close to this low. Even after a 10% off sale they'll still have refurbs of all the kit lenses and the really expensive ones that few people buy available, but even those are gone now. Perhaps they're just re-counting inventory, or it's a DB problem, but it still seems unusual.

D7100, 85 1.8G, 50 1.8G, 35 1.8G DX, Tokina 12-28 F4, 18-140, 55-200 VR DX
  • PB_PMPB_PM Posts: 4,494Member
    The drop in DSLR sales within the last year is likely reducing the supply of refurbished products. They may also have pulled some to push to retail channels.
    If I take a good photo it's not my camera's fault.
  • spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator

Seems like more than just that though. I check out the refurb page pretty regularly and I've never seen it anything close to this low. Even after a 10% off sale they'll still have refurbs of all the kit lenses and the really expensive ones that few people buy available, but even those are gone now. Perhaps they're just re-counting inventory, or it's a DB problem, but it still seems unusual.

I read that as they are just in short supply at the moment, not that they are stopping selling them altogether.
    Always learning.
  • IronheartIronheart Posts: 3,017Moderator
    They are busy doing the free services on the D800s, and the usual refurbs are stacking up on the benches ;-)