How to Post a Photo on Photo-A-Day- NEW INSTRUCTIONS

Comments

• MsmotoMsmoto Posts: 5,398Moderator
    edited February 2013
    OK, I had the same problem...look carefully at my directions. And, I am going to do a test here following these.
    First, add some text to your composing box on PAD.
    Then, on Nikon Image Space, select photo from your images by highlighting.
    Click the "i" in the upper right hand corner of the box and this opens a sidebar on the left.
    At the bottom is one link which is labeled as Link URL.
    Copy this link and on your composing window in the PAD thread you will find the button which is the sixth one from the left is "image".
    Click this, then paste the link and it might work.
    Then the link will be pasted within some stuff which makes it work.

One point, I do not know if it makes a difference...I am registered with my camera on Nikon Image Space and have the 20GB allotment. This might make a difference.
    And, once you have clicked the "image" icon at the top of your composing window here on NRF, do not do anything else except paste the code from Nikon IMage Space. It works as I have shown here.
    Post edited by Msmoto on
    Msmoto, mod
  • Dredden85Dredden85 Posts: 365Member
    Okay I was using the "share" feature. 8-} No wonder!
    D7000, 18-200VRII | 50 1.8G | SB-900
    edited February 2013
    Hurray! Thank you for your help and putting up with my stupidity!
    Post edited by Dredden85 on
    Congratulations! I only put up with others stupidity when it seems to match my own..LOL :))
    Msmoto, mod
    LOL! :))
  • BesoBeso Posts: 464Member
    edited February 2013
    Post edited by Beso on
    Occasionally a decent image ...
  • adamzadamz Posts: 842Moderator
    @beso - You actually have to put something into the img code
    @adamz - Gee thanks! I was actually trying to post a panorama from Nikon Image Space because it will not upload to Flickr for some reason. And, as you probably know, once us mere mortals try to post something we cannot delete the post. Consequently, the blank message was posted.
    beso - PM me the link
  • spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    @Beso - you can edit the failed post with any subsequent attempts at getting the link right. You don't have to start new posts every time. Just click on 'edit' and select the previous attempt then paste the next try in its place.
    Always learning.
    @spraynpray - I understand the edit potential. I simply wan unable to get the link to post in a way that showed the image. Therefore the only option was to leave the post blank.
    Gitzo's Photo is on PAD
    Msmoto, mod
    @adamz Gee thanks! I have been trying to post a panorama but it won't load to Flickr and I was trying to use Nikon Image Space. I guess I am too dumb to figure it out and once I attempt to post something us mortal users cannot delete the posting. At least it appears that way. Consequently I ended up with the posting you commented on.
    Does anybody here have any experience of Android tablet photo apps? Just wondering which one would be best that is easy to upload to PAD from?
    Always learning.
    easiest going to be to use flickr app to upload images on remote server (flickr) and then copy the link from flickr. If You have Your own ftp server than any ftp manager will work and theres plenty of them in google play store.
    Hello Folks....

Some of the PAD viewers like to see exactly how a photo on PAD was made. The easiest way is through the Exif data, but this requires the settings on the photo posting site to be configured so as to allow this data to be examined.

The other way, somewhat more work, is to simply add after your photo, the camera, lens, settings used.

This is a suggestion only, but can be quite helpful for those of us who still are learning. If you do not want this information shown, that is perfectly OK as well.

Thanks
    Msmoto, mod
  • ibecameweibecamewe Posts: 32Member
    Thanks for all guys who shared the information. Specially msmoto your information is so good for me my
    friends :-*
    @ ibecamewe

You are welcome...and welcome to NRF
    Msmoto, mod
  • squoopsquoop Posts: 37Member
    @Msmoto - that motorcycle pic is AWESOME!
  • abacaxiabacaxi Posts: 5Member
    Oops. Struggled with uploading. Intended to post in Photo-a-day. Will get it in the correct place next time.
    @abacaxi

I moved your photo to PAD
    Msmoto, mod
  • GitzoGitzo Posts: 174Member
    edited March 2013
    In case anyone was wondering who the dumbest person on NRF is......it's the dummy typing this; I finally retrieved a few of my photos, then went to Flickr, where I already have an "account", ( with exactly ONE picture in it ) needless to say, I can't get into Flickr because I can't find my password; after an hour and a half of trying to "communicate" with a bunch of mindless software, I keep seeing Yahoo; why am I seeing Yahoo.....I'm trying to get into Flickr; finally, (and I'm still not completely sure of this), but it would appear that the reason I couldn't "get in" to Flickr, is be cause I'm ALREADY "in"....(to Yahoo) Wait a minute .....how can Flickr be Yahoo? Or hao can Yahoo be Flickr? And how did I ever manage to get that picture into Flickr a few weeks ago?

At this point, I think my brain has a service panel with a breaker box in it, and all of this nonsense with Yahoo and Flickr has already "tripped" the main breaker; all I know for sure right now is, I have some photos in a new folder in my iMac, called "pictures"; right now I'm going to go play Free Cell for a few hours until I can get my breaker "reset"; then, maybe I'll figure out (all over again) how to get them to go to Flickr, then how to get one of them to go to PAD.
    Post edited by Gitzo on
    @Gitzo - Great story and one which most of us can probably identify with in one way or another. You are not alone!
    LOL Gitzo!
    Always learning.
    For sure....I thought the story was about me.... :))

And, to remind those who are searching....from Flickr:

Post photo on your Flickr account.

From your Photostream click the photo one time.

Now at the top left is a “Share” tab.

CLICK this and from the “Grab the HTML/BBCode” select the “Medium 640 (xxx x 640) size.

COPY the code shown in the window <a href="etc,,,

Then WRITE your comments and PASTE the HTML code from Flickr.

This does work!
    Msmoto, mod