How to Post a Photo on Photo-A-Day- NEW INSTRUCTIONS

Comments

• SamkoSamko Posts: 101Member
    edited September 2014
    Can i post a photo with my iphone, or do i need to do it from my pc ?
    I got all my photos on flickr.
    Post edited by Samko on
  • MsmotoMsmoto Posts: 5,398Moderator
    edited September 2014
    You must post from Flickr.

From your Flickr account photostream:
    Click on image
    Click on the curved outline arrow in lower right hand corner
    Click HTML
    Click on the size box and select medium size with maximum 640
    Copy HTML code
    Paste code in your post on NRF
    Post edited by Msmoto on
    Msmoto, mod
  • SamkoSamko Posts: 101Member
    Thanks. i just shared a photo :)

Click on image
    Click HTML
    Copy HTML code

If in error, a post is made, simply delete the content and leave a message:

Moderator, please delete.
    Msmoto, mod
  • sevencrossingsevencrossing Posts: 2,800Member

very sorry I have deleted by Drop box photos
    OK, for many folks Flickr is the easiest…. but I should say,

Posting from Flickr allows easy access to larger sizes…..
    Msmoto, mod
    When posting photos, if you are willing to give the technical data, i.e., exposure, camera, lens, etc. please do this below the image, or, allow Exif data to be seen on Flickr. Many folks on NRF have an interest in learning and the method used to obtain an image is helpful. Sometimes….LOL

And to reiterate:

Click on image
    Click HTML
    Copy HTML code

Moderator, please delete.
    Msmoto, mod
  • Nikonsince1974Nikonsince1974 Posts: 78Member
    Tasteful nudes permitted?
    Nikon F2S w/ MD-2, FE-2 w/ MD-12, Nikkormat FT3, Nikonos V, F4S, D700

16mm f/2.8 Fisheye AIS, 18mm f/3.5 AIS, 24mm f/2.8 AIS, 28mm f/2.8 AI, 28mm f/3.5 and 35mm f/2.8 UW-Nikkors, 35mm f/2.8 AIS, 50mm f/1.4 non-AI (AI’d), 55mm f/2.8 AIS Micro w/ PK-13, 85mm f/1.4 AIS, 80-200 f/4 AIS, 105mm f/1.8 AIS, 180mm f/2.8 ED AIS, 300mm f/2.8 ED-IF AIS, 600mm f/4 ED-IF AIS, TC14B and TC300.

Hasselblad 500CM with PM90 prism finder and A12/A16 backs, 40mm f/4 CF, 60mm f/3.5 CF, 80mm f/2.8 C, 150mm f/4 C and 250mm f/5.6 C lenses
  • Golf007sdGolf007sd Posts: 2,840Moderator
    edited December 2014
    So long at it is Safe For Work. Plz send the link to one us moderates via a PM and we will let you know.
    Post edited by Golf007sd on
    D4 & D7000 | Nikon Holy Trinity Set + 105 2.8 Mico + 200 F2 VR II | 300 2.8G VR II, 10.5 Fish-eye, 24 & 50 1.4G, 35 & 85 1.8G, 18-200 3.5-5.6 VR I SB-400 & 700 | TC 1.4E III, 1.7 & 2.0E III, 1.7 | Sigma 35 & 50 1.4 DG HSM | RRS Ballhead & Tripods Gear | Gitzo Monopod | Lowepro Gear | HDR via Promote Control System |
    edited January 2015
    When posting photos, if you are willing to give the technical data, i.e., exposure, camera, lens, etc. please do this below the image, or, allow Exif data to be seen on Flickr. Many folks on NRF have an interest in learning and the method used to obtain an image is helpful. Sometimes….LOL

And to reiterate:

Click on image
    Click HTML
    Copy the plain HTML code (Not the embed code)

Moderator, please delete
    Post edited by Msmoto on
    Msmoto, mod
  • NSXTypeRNSXTypeR Posts: 2,286Member
    edited January 2016
    Does anyone know how to post photos without going through Flickr? I don't own the photos, so Flickr is a no-go.
    Post edited by spraynpray on
    Nikon D7000/ Nikon D40/ Nikon FM2/ 18-135 AF-S/ 35mm 1.8 AF-S/ 105mm Macro AF-S/ 50mm 1.2 AI-S
    edited January 2016
    Lots of stuff goes through Flickr and is not owned by the poster. As long as it is not identified as an original, I suspect this is not a problem. I usually identify these as "Guest Photo".
    And to reiterate:

A link can be posted by various means.....the one I have found is easiest is Flickr...or at least for me....

When a link is posted the image may not be shown, only the link. HTML code should show every time.

So, for those looking for instructions:
    And to reiterate:

Click on image
    Click HTML embed
    Copy the HTML embed code to your clipboard

If a post is made which doesn't work, use the edit function to have another go at pasting the info in the same post. Don't keep doing new posts. If it still doesn't work, leave the code and a moderator may investigate and correct the problem. If one of us does, we may message you to tell you where you went wrong.
    Msmoto, mod
  • sevencrossingsevencrossing Posts: 2,800Member
    edited February 2015
    I put any photo I want to post in my public dropbox folder/ Copy public link
    Past the link in the reply/ highlight the link/ click Image icon
    If the image is too big, the forum seems to automatically resize it

Post edited by sevencrossing on
    OK, guys, in a few days the images posted on this thread as testing will be removed... Just FYI
    Msmoto, mod
    edited January 2016
    And to reiterate:

So, a link can be posted by various means.....the one I have found is easiest is Flickr...or at least for me....

When a link is posted the image may not be shown, only the link. HTML code should show every time.

And to reiterate:

Click on image
    Click HTML embed

If a post is made which doesn't work, use the edit function to have another go at pasting the info in the same post. Don't keep doing new posts. If it still doesn't work, leave the code and a moderator may investigate and correct the problem. If one of us does, we may message you to tell you where you went wrong.
    Msmoto, mod
    Lots of stuff goes through Flickr and is not owned by the poster. As long as it is not identified as an original, I suspect this is not a problem. I usually identify these as "Guest Photo".

Sorry for getting back so late, but even if I'm sure I didn't take it- like Edward Steichen's photos?

Not to try and hijack this thread, I'm just not sure about the legalities of Flickr.
    Nikon D7000/ Nikon D40/ Nikon FM2/ 18-135 AF-S/ 35mm 1.8 AF-S/ 105mm Macro AF-S/ 50mm 1.2 AI-S
    edited January 2016
    Keeping the instructions current:
    And to reiterate:

A link can be posted by various means.....the one I have found is easiest is Flickr...or at least for me....

And to reiterate:

Click on image
    Click HTML embed

There are other photo sites which will work as well, what is needed is the HTML code for 640 pixel maximum size.
    Msmoto, mod
  • SnowleopardSnowleopard Posts: 244Member
    Not sure why this is so confusing. If I am linking directly to an image on a website, how do I do it?
    ||COOLPIX 5000|●|D70|●|D700|●|D810|●|AF-S NIKKOR 14-24mm f/2.8G ED|●|AF Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D|●|AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D|●|AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G|●|AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D|●|AF-S Micro Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED|●|AF-S VR Zoom-NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G IF-ED (Silver)|●|AF-S Teleconverter TC-20E III|●|PB-6 Bellows|●|EL-NIKKOR 50mm f/2.8||
    edited January 2016

So, a link can be posted by various means.....the one I have found is easiest is Flickr...or at least for me....

And to reiterate:

Click on image
    Click HTML embed

Msmoto, mod
    edited January 2016
    One advantage of Flickr is the access to Exif data if allowed by the OP.

And to reiterate:

Click on image
    Click HTML embed

Msmoto, mod
    So... I posted this in the other Flickr discussion thread, but is there another way of posting photos without going through Flickr?
    There may be other websites, e.g.,
    Cluster: Great for private group photo sharing. ...
    500px: Great for discovery. ...
    Shutterfly: Great for photo products. ...
    Google Photos: Great for auto-enhancement. ...
    Zenfolio: Great for professionals. ...
    Instagram: Great for social sharing....
    but what is necessary is a file which can be embedded so the image can be found on the original website. I believe this is where our website finds the actual image data. You can always try other sites if you can find an embed code and if it does not work, delete your post...
    Msmoto, mod
  • ggbutcherggbutcher Posts: 390Member
    @Ton14, posting here to keep the PAD thread relatively clean...

The "Attach image/file" button in "Leave a Comment" doesn't really 'embed' an image; it just takes a link to an image posted elsewhere on the internet. In my case, the image is just on my personal server, which I think is in Dallas. I just paste the link to the image in the "Attach image/file" box that prompts for "Image URL". Here's the URL I posted:

https://glenn.pulpitrock.net/Individual_Pictures/DSZ_0408-small.jpg

Click on the above link, and you jump directly to the picture on my site.

Not all images you see on the web are linkable like that; some album javascript downloads them with separate code. In Firefox, if you right-click on an image and select "View Image", if the image is posted with an image tag it'll display in your browser all by itself, and the URL in the box at the top can be copy-pasted into things like the "Attach image/file" box...