Schneider Kreuznach DKL on Nikon FF DSLR

tennjedtennjed Posts: 4Member
edited August 2015 in Nikon DSLR cameras
I recently purchased an adapter that allows the ability to use my Schneider DKL mount lenses on my D750- even allows infinity focus; but, alas, there is a very minor mirror clearance issue with most of the lenses. It is so minor that it seems I have to rotate focus ring less than one degree for mirror to return. I enjoy using the lenses, and am wondering if anyone knows if other FF DSLRs, e.g. D700, D800e, Df...., have greater mirror clearance than the D750. I have been considering selling the D750 and buying a Df, or....buying a used D700 and keeping the D750. I love these lenses.

Comments

• picturetedpictureted Posts: 153Member
    edited September 2015
    I don't use that mount, but the Arax 80/2.8 TS lens would not rotate on my D90/7000/7100, but does fit on my D810. I needed a small extension tube on to avoid scratching the underside of the flash with the DX bodies. Since you already are FX, this might not be relevant to you.
    Post edited by pictureted on
    pictureted at flickr
  • tennjedtennjed Posts: 4Member
    thanks for the comment. I am kind of frustrated. It seems like I need only a single angstrom of additional clearance to make it work.
  • picturetedpictureted Posts: 153Member
    thanks for the comment. I am kind of frustrated. It seems like I need only a single angstrom of additional clearance to make it work.
    That's about the amount I scratched off my D90 before I learned not to do it again.
    pictureted at flickr
  • IronheartIronheart Posts: 3,017Moderator
    Which adapter did you purchase?
  • tennjedtennjed Posts: 4Member
    fotodiox. DKL to Nikon
  • DaveyJDaveyJ Posts: 1,090Member
    Most of those lens are for larger format and frankly are not well suited to 35mm. I owned a whole fleet of Schneider and Rodenstock Lens and others.....
  • kanuckkanuck Posts: 1,300Member
    edited September 2015
    Interesting discussion, I remember users reported a similar problem when they used the Nikkor tilt shift lenses on the original D800 bodies. Clearance prevented even mounting the lens I believe. Talk about disappointing when you can't mount your $2500+ prime lens to a $3000 (at that time) body. I feel your pain tennjed....
    Post edited by kanuck on