Nikon Distortion Control Data 2009 OS X install problem

fmarmofmarmo Posts: 5Member
edited November 2015 in Nikon DSLR cameras
I can't install the nikon S-DCDATA-002009MF-ALLIN-32BIT_.dmg in OS X 10.11.1 El Capitan.
Other have encountered the same trouble in installation?

Kind Regards

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Post edited by fmarmo on

Comments

• PB_PMPB_PM Posts: 4,494Member
    Nikon is notorious for being slow to update software with new OS support. At this point you're basically hooped.
    If I take a good photo it's not my camera's fault.
  • haroldpharoldp Posts: 984Member
    hooped is a technical term
    D810, D3x, 14-24/2.8, 50/1.4D, 24-70/2.8, 24-120/4 VR, 70-200/2.8 VR1, 80-400 G, 200-400/4 VR1, 400/2.8 ED VR G, 105/2 DC, 17-55/2.8.
    Nikon N90s, F100, F, lots of Leica M digital and film stuff.

• IronheartIronheart Posts: 3,017Moderator
    All the install does is copy a file named NKLD02009.BIN to a folder named Nikon on your desktop. Then you copy that file to the top level/root directory of a SD/CF memory card to install to the camera. Make sure you have the correct firmware version on your camera, and it supports the version 2 of the distortion data at all. What camera and firmware version do you have @fmarmo?

You can either 1) talk a friend into a computer (windows or mac) to run the app for you and then extract the BIN file to your card or 2) I can tell you how to find and extract the BIN file from the .dmg file you already have.
  • fmarmofmarmo Posts: 5Member
    Hello Ironheart,
    I have a D810 with the latest C 1.10 fw.
    I already searched in the installer package the location BIN file without solution.
    If you tell me the path I will make me happy.

Kind Regards

Fabrizio
    edited November 2015
    Okay, first of all I want to say if you brick your camera it's not my fault ;)
    I'm still trying to fix the installer script so that other folks can run it. For now, if you go to the following directory (assuming you mount the dmg in the default location)
    cd /Volumes/S-DCDATA-002009MF-ALLIN-32BIT_/Packages/Distortion Control Data.pkg/Contents
    And then grab the file
    Archive.pax.gz
    I copied the file to my desktop:
    cp Archive.pax.gz /Users/<login_name>/Desktop/
    I then doubled-clicked the zip file, and it created a folder called "tmp" which two levels down has the .BIN file. Reply back if you can't find it
    Post edited by Ironheart on
    Thank you Ironherart, problem solved!

Kind Regards

Fabrizio
    Great! LMK when you install it on your camera.
    Ironheart, all works fine!

Kind Regards

Fabrizio