Camera Mode Dial not working

patelpratik84patelpratik84 Posts: 1Member
Hello All,

I need help in fixing camera mode dial issue in my Nikon D5200. The dial seems to rotate freely now and it's stuck in Portrait mode now. I tried to clean it with xtreme klean duster but that didnt make a difference. Even tried to press it hard and rotate it. Any other tips ?

Comments

• spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    Top tip: send it into the service centre because it sounds like it needs a thorough service. Do you use it in very dusty environments?
    Always learning.
  • IronheartIronheart Posts: 3,017Moderator
    The mode dial is part of the top assembly, which requires the removal of the front and rear shell of the camera to access, and about 30 screws to be removed.
    Then you will likely need a replacement mode dial assembly as yours is shot. Replacement of this dial requires soldering skills. If you are up for it, I'll post where you can possibly buy the parts, or if you look on ebay you can find a wrecked camera to buy for parts (the mode dial from any D5x000 series is the same).
    Is the camera still under warranty? If so, send it it before dissasembly. If it isn't, I'd still send it it for an estimate before whipping out my JIS #00 screwdriver.