How to speculate on Nikons pricing policy?

alderesalderes Posts: 12Member
Until recently I did buy only used camera bodies like the D200, D300 and D700. Now I am into something new, torn between the D750 and D810. However, the D810 seems to be much more in the line of my current bodies, while the D750 is more of Nikon's style of haptics and handling. Hence I watch the market to find an attractive offer for the D810. Due to the famous Brexit prices may rise in the UK in August. In September there will be Photokina 2016 and nobody really knows what Nikon is going to come up with, i.e. whether a D850 or D900 can be expected. If so, what will happen to the prices of the D750 or D810, i.e. will they go down? If there is no new DSRL, will they stay stable or even rise?

I know that this can only be speculated, but I don't have any such experience from the past and thus don't know whether to buy right now or to be patient to after the Photokina. What is your experience?

Comments

• PistnbrokePistnbroke Posts: 2,444Member
    edited August 2016
    I got a grey 810 for £1404 due to some china stock market crash ..never seen it that cheap since ( £1725 at present) forget the 750 not only is it 24 mp v 36 mp but it has the opfilter still fitted and therefor is less sharp by about 25%
    If they bring out a D850 I have a D800 with only 4500 on it that will be on its way to ebay and I will downgrade my D810 to wide angle duties with the 14 mm Samyang.
    Post edited by Pistnbroke on
  • MegapixelSchnitzelMegapixelSchnitzel Posts: 185Member
    There seems to be some consensus that Nikon authorizes discounts on stock they're about to replace. I noticed in this site that the D750 has gotten a discount on refurbs, so something may be brewing on that line. I keep expecting to see a bit of discount from B&H and Adorama on the D810, but that hasn't really materialized yet. If Nikon are really about to announce an upgraded version of the '810, they're holding their cards close right now. That being said, however, if successors to the 750 and 810 ARE announced and shown, I think there will be a flood of good quality, used models hitting the market soon. And they will have some very good pricing in my opinion.
  • retreadretread Posts: 574Member
    The D810 with a free grip is back. That is sort of a discount. See the main blog.