AF fine tune - LensAlign, DotTune, or other methods?

13»

Comments

• TriShooterTriShooter Posts: 219Member
    @Killerbob -

I did not realize that Reikan had changed their licensing agreement. I can understand why they did it. New cameras require new camera interface modules which are an expense they have to cover by charging for it.

Hopefully, Reikan is discounting the software as upgrades for old users who are updating their gear. If not I have a problem as well and will write them. A moderate upgrade seems equitable unless there is a dramatic enhancement in the program. If they charge the same price for basically the same program in order to get the camera upgrade interface I will not be happy with Reikan either.
  • KillerbobKillerbob Posts: 732Member
    edited September 2016
    I have been discussing with them a few months now, and they indeed did NOT inform anyone about this change, until last year. I bought Reikan a few years a go, and was never presented with this limitation to the licensing.

Understanding their situation 100%, I also know that as a consumer I am entitled to what I pay for. I bought Focal, and it was never mentioned that when/if new cameras came out, the application would need to be updated at cost. They came up with this scheme later, much later.

It is now a subscription model, and as such I have asked to be covered by a Grandfather clause, but to no avail. Hence I discourage anyone from ever buying the solution. Please mention me (Bo Kristensen) when/if you talk to Dave who is the developer of the software.

Thanks.
    Post edited by Killerbob on
  • notabotnotabot Posts: 19Member
    haroldp said:

Canon supports separate fine tune adjustments at long and short FL's for zooms. We should encourage Nikon to do likewise.

I have also noticed focus shift at different f-stops even on primes, and usually fine tune for1 stop down from wide open.

.... H

Yes, this is normal. It's why opening up a lens, focusing, and then closing it down, is slightly inaccurate.