INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE FIRST.

Comments

• spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    Welcome to NR don. Enjoy yourself here & don't forget to post some shots on the P-a-D thread.
    Always learning.
  • MsmotoMsmoto Posts: 5,398Moderator
    Hello all.... been so long since I have been on NRF, thought I would drop in and let you know, the old lady is still kicking...LOL
    Msmoto, mod
  • PhotobugPhotobug Posts: 5,751Member
    Msmoto said:

Hello all.... been so long since I have been on NRF, thought I would drop in and let you know, the old lady is still kicking...LOL

It's been ages since you made a post here on NRF. I saw the post on PAD. Glad your back.
    D750 & D7100 | 24-70 F2.8 G AF-S ED, 70-200 F2.8 AF VR, TC-14E III, TC-1.7EII, 35 F2 AF D, 50mm F1.8G, 105mm G AF-S VR | Backup & Wife's Gear: D5500 & Sony HX50V | 18-140 AF-S ED VR DX, 55-300 AF-S G VR DX |
    |SB-800, Amaran Halo LED Ring light | MB-D16 grip| Gitzo GT3541 + RRS BH-55LR, Gitzo GM2942 + Sirui L-10 | RRS gear | Lowepro, ThinkTank, & Hoodman gear | BosStrap | Vello Freewave Plus wireless Remote, Leica Lens Cleaning Cloth |
  • NSXTypeRNSXTypeR Posts: 2,287Member
    Hello all! I wonder how many of us are still posting after the great migration from the prior (defunct) iteration of Nikon Rumors Forum. ;D
    Nikon D7000/ Nikon D40/ Nikon FM2/ 18-135 AF-S/ 35mm 1.8 AF-S/ 105mm Macro AF-S/ 50mm 1.2 AI-S
  • linacjsdadlinacjsdad Posts: 1Member
    Hello Everyone!!! My name is Cesar. I’m an engineer by trade and an avid semi-pro photographer. I’ve shot Canon for the past 17 yrs and just got fed up (sold everything which included a 1DX MkII) with them and bought my 1st Nikon DSLR, the D850. Prior to that I had (still do)a F1. Wow!!! What a camera!! Thank you for allowing me into this great group!!! Hope to pick up a lot of hot tips!!!!
    Regards
    Cesar
    Welcome to the dark side Cesar. Let's see some of your images on the PAD thread.
    Always learning.
    LilliSeahorseLilliSeahorse

Just joined.
    Retired Electronic Engineer in the UK.
    I've had a D750 for a little while now, but have only just downloaded NX-D.
    It looks good, but very slow even on an iMac 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5.

Enjoying the 750 so far.
    Quote · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
    Comments

KnockKnockKnockKnock Posts: 357Member
    June 18 Flag69.75.247.30
    Welcome to the Forum LilliSeahorse! Have fun with that camera. It's a classic, all-around great. What lens/es are you using? What do you most plan to shoot?

I played with NX-D, and yes, it's slow. It does most of what I would want to do regarding RAW and post-processing, except maybe high end noise reduction.

For my lifestyle and uses, I'm happiest doing everything in Photos for Mac. The sync across all Apple devices is great, especially when turning on (and paying for storage use) iCloud Photo Library. For more powerful tools, I bought the plug-in, DXO OpticsPro for Photos.

Cheers.
    Always learning.
  • petershpetersh Posts: 0Member
    edited December 2018
    Hello, I am a Photojournalist, and a farmer. I am a self taught photographer, I just take photos for my favor. However I have experience as a photo journalist, He finished some short photographic course in my local town. I started with D800 and I still using it for now. I want a switch to D850 but still not sure that is a great idea
    Cheer, Lazada Coupon New Release MHR.vn, thanks.
    Post edited by petersh on
  • JohnEJohnE Posts: 4Member
    I'm John Ellingson. I'm 76 years old. I have been taking photographs since I was 11. I have been using Nikons (along with others) since the early days of the original F. For years I made my living as a photographer. These days it is more avocation than vocation, though I still use the science of digital images in my day job (I run a cyber security company). I had the great privilege in the late '60s to meet and spend time with Ansel Adams. Ansel had some of my work in his private collection which can be viewed at the Center for Creative Photography. I currently have two D500s and a D850 and a collection of lenses from fisheyes to 600mm telephotos. I have several website with about 3 million views. I live in Northern Virginia.
    Welcome John, I am sure we all look forward to seeing your work on our PAD (Photo-A-Day) thread. Enjoy the forum.
    Always learning.
  • MsmotoMsmoto Posts: 5,398Moderator
    Hello, John, welcome... now there are at least two of us at age 76..... LOL and, oh yes, I have two "F" bodies from the 1960's....
    Msmoto, mod
    Skatergirl46 Posts:

I’m Janet, a 54 year old retired Police Sergeant and married mom of two boys, 18 and 16. I’ve been involved with photography since I was 12 years old, and learned to develop film and print in junior high, around 1976. I like to shoot a variety of things like sports, wildlife, and macro. I’m currently using a Nikon D810 and trying to fend off another attack of GAS as I read about the possibility of the new Nikon mirrorless camera. I do love my D810 though.

Keeping this short and sweet I hope to learn something and maybe get to know some of you here.
    Always learning.
    Welcome Janet. I hope you enjoy your time with us.
    Always learning.
  • JasonakaslvJasonakaslv Posts: 3Member
    Hi Everyone!

I recently discovered this site and decided to become a member. I'm hoping to learn more and make connections! I'm a professional portrait & event photographer in NY. I love to try different types of photography specially landscapes and portraits. I'm very proud of my Nikon D750 and look forward to upgrading to the new Mirrorless if it's the right fit for me.

Always looking for a fun collaboration ,feel free to check out some of my work on instragram under @jason.coronel
    Welcome Jasonakaslv. Don't sell that D750 - it's a great camera.
    Always learning.
  • JasonakaslvJasonakaslv Posts: 3Member
    Oh no worries on that end! I love this camera it’s never let me down
  • CraigRCraigR Posts: 4Member
    Hello everyone,

Full-time pro since 1982, shooting mostly corporate work. Based in Toronto, Nikon Canada NPS member for longer than I can remember. Current kit is D850 with a D750 backup, mostly mid-range glass since that's what pays the bills. This site is interesting, so what the hell ... hello.
    Welcome Craig. Enjoy your time on NR and please post some of your work on the PAD thread. We would like to see it.
    Always learning.
  • BlancoBlanco Posts: 1Member
    Howdy from Fort Worth
    My name is Clint and I have been coming here for info for quite a while. I like to think myself a rabid amateur. I do shoot a few weddings and family photos to sustain my addiction. My passions are Gundogs and military aircraft.
    I have a rather substantial gear addiction that expands on a regular basis, but I find time to love all my equipment.

Welcome Clint, I look forward to your contributions.
    Always learning.
  • SandWyrmSandWyrm Posts: 10Member
    Hi there, my name’s Keith.

I can’t say that photography is my only job, but it’s always been a part of everything else that I do. Whether it’s shooting references for matte-paintings I make that go into Hollywood movies, shooting texture and model references for video game environments that I build, shooting every last detail of a grocery store (so that I can 3D model it for companies like P&G), 3D scanning objects of every kind using photogrammetry (some of which I modify and then 3D print), shooting example pictures for tabletop games that I’m writing, shooting events that I’m attending, or just going out into the yard to shoot birds and flowers for the fun of it. A high-quality camera is almost always with me.
    Hi Keith, Welcome.

Sounds like it will be fun to see some of your work on our Photo-A-Day thread.
    Always learning.
  • HipShotHipShot Posts: 528Member
    Blanco said:

Howdy from Fort Worth
    My name is Clint and I have been coming here for info for quite a while. I like to think myself a rabid amateur. I do shoot a few weddings and family photos to sustain my addiction. My passions are Gundogs and military aircraft.
    I have a rather substantial gear addiction that expands on a regular basis, but I find time to love all my equipment.

I'm in Fort Worth.

• LMalloryLMallory Posts: 12Member
    I'm new here, but have loved using my Nikon equipment for years; D100, D300, Df. I am on the list for a Z7. I am a neuropsychologist by trade, but enjoy photographing nature and scenery, people and events, and do a few weddings. I live in Oregon City, OR. You know, O-R-Y-G-U-N.
  • mhedgesmhedges Posts: 2,881Member
    Welcome @LMallory!

I guess I should have followed instructions and posted here first too. I’m Mark, I’m a semiconductor process engineer, and I’ve been shooting DSLR since October of last year. I did have a Nikon film SLR (N60) that I used a fair amount in the early to mid 2000’s, but then kind of stepped away from it as digital really began to ascend.

I shoot my kids, some nature, and some urban exploration photography. And whatever else I find interesting - I’m not too picky.

I’m in the Piedmont region of North Carolina. Which is a good area for urbex photography as there are still a few old textile and furniture mills around. Most have been razed or renovated, but I’m trying to get to as many of the survivors as I can.