D850

Comments

• spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    @DenverShooter - Agreed. For photography enthusiasts shooting a wide range of subjects, mirrorless aren't great. It does make me wonder if the will ever 'take over' from the best DSLR's.
    Always learning.
  • framerframer Posts: 491Member
    edited July 2017
    It will, I would not be surprised by a D6 but would be surprised if the D7 is not.

framer

Post edited by framer on
  • PistnbrokePistnbroke Posts: 2,444Member
    edited July 2017
    I dont see this mirrorless problem ..I got a 5 year old oly M5 and as a holiday camera its great ...its just the crap 4/3 sensor thats junk ..why carnt it just get scaled up to FX and its fine ...???When you are taking the picture the mirror is not in theequasion ..I dont see the problem.
    Post edited by Pistnbroke on
  • snakebunksnakebunk Posts: 993Member
    My hopes for the D820 is that it will be an substantial improvement and a continuation of the D810 (like the D810 was to the D800). I don't think it is important for Nikon to make it mirrorless. I do however believe that the time for mirrorless has come, and I think it is important that Nikon proves itself and make a great mirrorless camera that can compete with Sony and Fujifilm. I recently very briefly tried a new Fujifilm camera and did not miss the mirror at all.
  • AbhinavAbhinav Posts: 40Member
    Gettibg rumors that It might be called Nikon D850
  • DenverShooterDenverShooter Posts: 416Member
    snakebunk said:

My hopes for the D820 is that it will be an substantial improvement and a continuation of the D810 (like the D810 was to the D800). I don't think it is important for Nikon to make it mirrorless. I do however believe that the time for mirrorless has come, and I think it is important that Nikon proves itself and make a great mirrorless camera that can compete with Sony and Fujifilm. I recently very briefly tried a new Fujifilm camera and did not miss the mirror at all.

I just looked at the DoXMark sensor tests on the D800E vs the D810 and there is very little difference in performance in most tests. And in high ISO "sports" the '800E is better.

Did I miss something?

Denver Shooter
  • snakebunksnakebunk Posts: 993Member

snakebunk said:

I just looked at the DoXMark sensor tests on the D800E vs the D810 and there is very little difference in performance in most tests. And in high ISO "sports" the '800E is better.

Did I miss something?

Denver Shooter
    There are many improvements, but what I appreciate the most is larger buffer, one more fps, better autofocus and a more silent shutter. As a bird photographer I really do not like the noisy shutter of the D800.
  • DenverShooterDenverShooter Posts: 416Member
    I use my D4 for fast flying Birds and Porches..

Denver Shooter

• framerframer Posts: 491Member
    The D810 quite shutter was not important to me when I got the camera but over the years I have become fond of it. When wanting to get some quite shots during a wedding, theater, museum or on tour. It's nice to click away incognito without anyone knowing a photo was just taken.

If I ever buy another body it must have a shutter as quite as the D810 in silent mode.

framer
  • donaldejosedonaldejose Posts: 3,703Member
    edited July 2017
    The Nikon mirrorless bodies are likely to have a quiet shutter.
    Post edited by donaldejose on
    or even a quiet shutter .......but why not silent electronic.....
    edited July 2017
    By quiet shutter I mean to include silent. You probably will be able to set it with an electronic "click" sound at different levels if you want to be able to hear when a photo is taken. This shutter could range all the way from silent to quite loud. But we will just have to wait to see. The mirrorless Fuji GFX has a focal plane shutter.

"The focal plane shutter has been newly developed specifically for our mirrorless camera. While achieving a maximum shutter speed of 1/4000 sec. (1/16000 sec. when using electronic shutter), a flash synchronization speed of 1/125 sec. or less, and high performance and durability with a shutter endurance supporting up to 150,000 shots*, the camera also achieves low vibration and a quiet shutter noise."

http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/gfx/fujifilm_gfx_50s/
    Post edited by donaldejose on
    donaldejose ..read your post again ..quite is not quiet...no problem my figgers dont alwaays wok rite.
    thanks, I changed the typo
  • heartyfisherheartyfisher Posts: 3,186Member
    edited July 2017
    I think there was some new Nikon Magic added to the D810 sensor as well.
    1) sharper at the corner and edges...
    2) less vignette ... ie there is much reduced darkening of the corners.
    I think its mainly due to a new micro lense structure. and removal of the AA layer totally. remember the D800 had AA and 800E reversed AA.

I think the new D820 will for sure have the new Colour filter tech as well .. at least the same as the D5, D500 and D7500.
    Post edited by heartyfisher on
    Moments of Light - D610 D7K S5pro 70-200f4 18-200 150f2.8 12-24 18-70 35-70f2.8 : C&C very welcome!
    Being a photographer is a lot like being a Christian: Some people look at you funny but do not see the amazing beauty all around them - heartyfisher.

• tc88tc88 Posts: 537Member
    edited July 2017
    Do people think they are going to announce it in a couple of days? The new AF I think is a given. But there is no real leak regarding the resolution. Nikon will be really good in keeping the secret this time if they are going to announce it on 7/25. Usually some of the Japanese sites will be publishing something by now.

I really hope I'm wrong, but I feel Nikon is not ready, or rather, Sony is not ready with the sensors Nikon needed.

We will know in a couple of days anyway. Interesting times.
    Post edited by tc88 on
  • PB_PMPB_PM Posts: 4,494Member
    We'll have to change the thread title, admin has confirmed that the name will be D850.
    If I take a good photo it's not my camera's fault.
  • AbhinavAbhinav Posts: 40Member
    Abhinav said:

Getting rumors that It might be called Nikon D850

Inside Nikon info on naming was right :P
  • shubhabrata29shubhabrata29 Posts: 30Member
    Question: Should anyone jump on D850 as soon as it is announced or wait for the FF mirrorless as forecasted ? Or will they arrive at same time ?
  • tc88tc88 Posts: 537Member
    It could be an announcement to a future announcement. We will find out soon in 24 hours.
    D850 this year. Mirrorless next year. Buy them both! Actually, everyone has to assess their own needs and purchasing power and then wait until the specs are available on both bodies to rationally decide which, if either or both, to purchase. Many people will not really need what these new bodies will offer. Most of us will want each of them though!
  • rmprmp Posts: 586Member
    I can almost understand (I did not say use) my D810 -- time to upgrade!
    Robert M. Poston: D4, D810, V3, 14-24 F2.8, 24-70 f2.8, 70-200 f2.8, 80-400, 105 macro.
    That's the spirit!
  • PB_PMPB_PM Posts: 4,494Member

Question: Should anyone jump on D850 as soon as it is announced....

Considering Nikon's track record, over the past 3-5 years, with new releases having issues, no. Early adopter = beta tester. I'd wait at least 6 months, at which point it is likely the production bugs will be worked out.
    If I take a good photo it's not my camera's fault.
  • rmprmp Posts: 586Member
    Only nuts jump on the initial announcements, so stay a way (So, I get mine sooner.) :-)
    Robert M. Poston: D4, D810, V3, 14-24 F2.8, 24-70 f2.8, 70-200 f2.8, 80-400, 105 macro.