bargain price from amazon.ca

jeffalbertjeffalbert Posts: 3Member
edited August 2015 in Nikon Deals
on may 2015 i've ordered a super deal from amazon.ca brand new NIKON D610 with WU-1B BUNDLE kit for 1131$, amazon told that the product is à 1 to two month waiting... guest what! i am stil waiting ...is ther anyones who had issue with amazon not respecting there expected delivery? they have chage three times thge delivery date. talk to six different people everytime it is the same thing bla,bla,bla we are still waiting ! they telle me that they dont have it in stock but they have an inventory for body only and bundle with lens ans they wont send me the body only i have to pay the difference !!! My big question can i trust amazon ?

Comments

• sevencrossingsevencrossing Posts: 2,800Member
    My big question can i trust amazon ?
    With stuff that is not in stock NO

• jeffalbertjeffalbert Posts: 3Member
    the fact is that they have a body only in stock but they refuse to send me this one pretending that it is not the same offert , i said to them that i dont care if i dont have the WU-1B but still they refuse? very confused by there costumer satisfaction...so easy , so simple yet they manage to complicated the whole deal.
  • WestEndFotoWestEndFoto Posts: 3,745Member
    Is the body only more than the bundle?
  • jeffalbertjeffalbert Posts: 3Member
    Yes it is more expensive
  • NSXTypeRNSXTypeR Posts: 2,287Member
    You need to watch out on Amazon, because Amazon can have affiliates that are less reputable. I know it's not on the same level as buying a camera, but I've bought micro SD cards from Amazon for cheap and when they shipped here they weren't even in blister packaging, they were sent loose in manilla soft envelopes. Buyer beware, although they may have a decent return policy, I don't like dealing with returns in general.
    Nikon D7000/ Nikon D40/ Nikon FM2/ 18-135 AF-S/ 35mm 1.8 AF-S/ 105mm Macro AF-S/ 50mm 1.2 AI-S
  • cincyspidercincyspider Posts: 24Member
    With Amazon....don't ever choose their ecology friendly packaging, or whatever they call it....that's what you get...junk envelope! Plus...always say it's a gift...the packaging is better!
  • AmericanLoonieAmericanLoonie Posts: 99Member
    If you have a Canadian address and USDs in the bank, you can currently find some great deals on Amazon.ca thanks to price cuts and the exchange rate. I just ordered a new 14-24 2.8 for the equivalent of $1775 USD all in. Among others, you can also pick up the 24-70 2.8G for the equivalent of $1550 USD.
  • IronheartIronheart Posts: 3,017Moderator
    Hmmm... Perhaps I can convince some of my Canadian friends to let me "borrow" their shipping address?
    edited October 2015
    Yeah, well, right man, there are many facets to this, uh, you know, many interested parties...
    If I can, man... what's in it for the Dude?
    I may be willing to help out if you can pickup in Toronto. I am not interested in taking on the responsibility/risk of shipping pricey glass into the States.
    Post edited by AmericanLoonie on
  • spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    Nice GIF Americanloonie!
    Always learning.
  • kanuckkanuck Posts: 1,300Member
    In my experiences, I have had trouble with their international shipping methods. Make sure you get solid tracking if it is crossing the border!
    edited October 2015
    spraynpray: Cheers!

kanuck: I totally agree. I am a book collector and have never received an international order from Amazon in flawless condition (from any of their websites). It continues to go downhill as they delegate more of those logistics to 3rd party shipping companies. You will also have to pay duty charges, though the savings likely still cover those as it would be tax free, and you wont have a US warranty. In the end, it is only ideal for people in Canada often/full time with American dollas.
    edited October 2015
    As a Canadian I buy most of my stuff from B&H. However, with autofocus lenses and cameras, I buy from approved Canadian sources. Dealing with the uncertainty with warranty is just not worth the hassle. In fact, I buy from second tier retailers that normally don't carry my top end choices and have to order from the Nikon warehouse. That way I don't end up with used sold as new.
    Post edited by WestEndFoto on
    Hmmm, good idea Westie. It must make it tricky to return things if you think you have a dud though doesn't it?
    Always learning.
    Not quite, it is London Drugs, which has a strong camera department. It is owned by the H.Y. Louie group, a multi-billion dollar conglomerate. While they carry D810s and 85 1.4Gs in stock, they carry few of the lenses that I have but have special ordered from them. They agree that when the D820 comes out, they will order it for me even though they will likely stock it. I purchased my 5 SB-910s this way even though they stocked them. However, they don't carry pocketwizards, so I bought them from B&H and another local dealer, Broadway Camera. Broadway Camera has many of the lens that I would order and a decent selection of accessories, but won't accommodate me on special orders, so I won't shop there unless I have to.

Back to London Drugs, one of the Nikon Reps I know worked in that department and now her step-daughter does. When I had an issue with my D800 they sent it to Nikon and it was fixed within a week.

So second tier, but not second rate for my purposes.
  • IronheartIronheart Posts: 3,017Moderator
    The Camera shop I buy from has almost everything in stock. However they will order straight from Nikon (and everyone else they carry) if that's what you want. They also call me when the new stuff shows so I know I'm getting first dibs ;)
    Here in the UK we have pretty much completely lost smaller shops, we just have a few major warehouses (some with shop fronts, but their main business is internet/phone). A real pity.
    Always learning.
    spraynpray: Cheers!

kanuck: I totally agree. I am a book collector and have never received an international order from Amazon in flawless condition (from any of their websites). It continues to go downhill as they delegate more of those logistics to 3rd party shipping companies. You will also have to pay duty charges, though the savings likely still cover those as it would be tax free, and you wont have a US warranty. In the end, it is only ideal for people in Canada often/full time with American dollas.
    Yes you can see this kind of delegating happening more and more on Ebay as well as more and more items never make their international destinations. The Global Shipping program basically guarantees the arrival of an item and it's condition, but wouldn't you think that a company could handle this themselves considering you are paying all that money for shipping? For example, I paid $700 to B&H Photo and another $260 for shipping but it never arrived. Similar orders through Amazon never arrived. I find the Ebay Global shipping program, Really Right Stuff shipping and Singh Ray shipping to be the best for international shipping. International shipping to me here in South Korea is so unpredictable it is frustrating so I try not to do it too much. I hitting about 70% only so that's 3 in 10 items never arrive. Pretty disheartening [-(
  • NSXTypeRNSXTypeR Posts: 2,287Member
    We're losing reputable small camera shops here in NYC too. We used to have J and R, and they were supposed to reopen their Manhattan stores in late 2015 last time I heard, but it already is late 2015 and they've yet to reopen.

We pretty much only have B and H and Adorama. I don't really go to Adorama, so I can't say how they are.

J and R was hit and miss- they usually stock everything, but they also appear more dingy and old. Plus their customer service was hit or miss too. However, their salesmen are more knowledgable than Best Buy, which is why I used to go to there.
    Nikon D7000/ Nikon D40/ Nikon FM2/ 18-135 AF-S/ 35mm 1.8 AF-S/ 105mm Macro AF-S/ 50mm 1.2 AI-S
    edited October 2015
    Its a real shame isn't it? I love the smaller players. Luckily here in Seoul we still have both the small guys and the mega department store types. I hope it stays this way. The only reason I needed to place international orders was for speciality items over the years such as lenscoat products from B&H, or a Really Right Stuff ballhead (direct through them) or expensive ND filters through Singh Ray. Just the term "International Shipping" turns me off now....
    Post edited by kanuck on
    edited January 2017
    Just grabbed the 20mm 1.8G for $840 CAD (~$625 USD) at Amazon.ca. All in (with taxes) I paid $700 USD for the lens. Steal of a deal!

There is also currently one 14-24 2.8G in stock and sold by Amazon.ca for $2000 CAD. All in (with taxes and free shipping to a Canadian address) it comes to $2,270 CAD, or ~$1700 USD. Even cheaper than when I found it for a similar steal-of-a-deal last year.

You can also pick up the 70-200 f4 for $300 CAD off, shipped and sold by Amazon.ca. All in, with taxes and shipped to a Canadian address, it comes in at $1700 CAD or ~$1275 USD.