I have a D300s, grip, and RRS L plate that acts as my second body when I do 'Real' photo outings or those times when I want a bit of extra reach or speed over my D700. However, it sits in my bag the majority of the time as my system is predominantly FX, about which I have no complaints.
So, I'm considering selling it, but I'm not much of a buy/sell guy - I'm typically a keeper - so I'm a little out of my league.
I have two questions:
1) If you were me, would you wait until after the photo trip I have planned next week and try to sell it, or;
2) Would you hold on to it until the 'really, it's coming!' D400 appears in the Fall and try to offload it then. Will the price of used D300s bodies plummet when it arrives? Or do you think it will stay relatively comparable to what it is now?
I should point out that I don't plan on getting a D400. I think my future second body will be my D700, and I'll probably pick up a high end FX body - honestly, I'm holding out for something like a D4x. Being without a second body for the interim won't be a problem, as I don't have any trips planned until next year (and if something should come up, I would probably get a D800 or whatever to fill the gap.)
Thanks in advance, I look forward to your thoughts!
D700, 70-200mm f/2.8 VRII, 24-70mm f/2.8, 14-24mm f/2.8, 50mm f/1.4G, 200mm f/4 Micro, 105mm f/2.8 VRII Micro, 35mm f/1.8, 2xSB900, 1xSB910, R1C1, RRS Support...
... And no time to use them.