To Aperture or to Shutter - that is the question.

2»

Comments

• KillerbobKillerbob Posts: 732Member
    edited July 2013
    Again I like it, and HDR works in this setting. The effect is not so obvious as for instance here:

HDR Lake

I like the picture, but the HDR makes the sky almost too blue, too much. Sometime less is more:)
    Post edited by Killerbob on
  • Vipmediastar_JZVipmediastar_JZ Posts: 1,708Member
    edited July 2013
    @Gold007sd - really really nice. I especially like the "non-HDR" look of it. It comes across tack.sharp, and is very life-like.
    I think he means over saturated and ghosting.
    I beleive that's why most photographers hate HDR but done just right it is very cool.
    One of my HDR photos sits in the middle of a CEO's wall. It has been one of my most appreciated photos.
    I get lots of good feedback when somebody visits my house.

This was one of my sets in city HDR. The printed version I adjusted clarity so that the anlarged print looked better.
    I don't remember settings but I had the aperture set to f4-f11 or so so that I could hand hold the camera.
    definately use a tripod. Nikon d300 sigma 10-20mm 9 shot bracket

There are HDR shots on my flickr and website.

Down the subway
    Post edited by Vipmediastar_JZ on
  • Golf007sdGolf007sd Posts: 2,840Moderator
    @Yetibuddha: I agree that the "look and feel" of the final image is in the post processing. When I shoot HDR, it is always in full manual mode...including the lens. A tripod is must! As for your image, well done..I like it.

Here are some example of the same setting but with different edits in post.

Napa Street HDR 3.jpg

Napa Street HDR 4.jpg

Napa Street HDR 2.jpg
    D4 & D7000 | Nikon Holy Trinity Set + 105 2.8 Mico + 200 F2 VR II | 300 2.8G VR II, 10.5 Fish-eye, 24 & 50 1.4G, 35 & 85 1.8G, 18-200 3.5-5.6 VR I SB-400 & 700 | TC 1.4E III, 1.7 & 2.0E III, 1.7 | Sigma 35 & 50 1.4 DG HSM | RRS Ballhead & Tripods Gear | Gitzo Monopod | Lowepro Gear | HDR via Promote Control System |
  • Vipmediastar_JZVipmediastar_JZ Posts: 1,708Member
    The middle looks mire subtle. It's my favorite