Nikon Video

2»

Comments

• LkyLky Posts: 8Member
    edited February 2015
    @ErikssonRobin Nice Job Robin, I like the Post work and the Straight to cut coloring, visceral feel!.

This was shot on the d800, using the Flatt Profile and The Nikon Hackers Bitrate Patch, a combination which really brings out the d800's recording capability. 100 - 3200 iso extending in the darker handheld scenes. The shutter speed varied outdoors to as high as 1/640 for the wide angle handheld shots, though the majority was shot at 1/125, 1/250. Zeiss 50 f1.4, 135 f2, 15 f2.8. After editing in Premiere, we took the footage into After Effects and "Detail preserve Upscaled" to 4k with a little sharpening. This brought out the natural d800 "grain" and made it a bit more filmic, especially as a DCP file for digital projection. The uncompressed 10bit at 4096x1707 file was 400GB upon final rendering. All Color Correction and Tone Masking came after the Upscale Plugin, in a new sequence. I've been doing work with the D810/gh4 recently and they are amazing tools, especially in their ability to produce higher framerates. This was my last work with the d800. Enjoy!

Post edited by Lky on
  • autofocusautofocus Posts: 625Member
    Great work and thanks for providing the process.
  • spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    @autofocus: You need to speak to @DaveyJ as I beleive he uses the D7100 video a lot.
    Always learning.
    imagevideo
    What are your thoughts on the DR-60? I'm thinking about buying the DR-60 mkII. I'm finally at the point where I want better audio and I'm tired of fighting the preamps in-camera. I've tested using my DR-40 and like the audio so much better. Also, I want to be able to record more than one wireless mic.
  • kyoshinikonkyoshinikon Posts: 411Member
    Im in the same boat as auto. I need a good mike for my cameras too. Anything decent out there?
    “To photograph is to hold one’s breath, when all faculties converge to capture fleeting reality. It’s at that precise moment that mastering an image becomes a great physical and intellectual joy.” - Bresson
    edited June 2015
    Ok, I just ordered the Tascam DR-60D mkII. I tried connecting two mics to my DR-40, then to camera and it worked. I only have one XLR(M)-3.5 mini connector for my wireless lav so I just used a XLR(M)-XLR(F) to connect my shotgun mic. What I like about this setup is I can mic two individuals for a conversation/interview and record to both the DR-XX and camera. The audio is much cleaner using the DR preamp (as monitored from the camera). I know these small field recorders aren't pro quality but there is a significant difference. I'm really pushing the learning curve and willing to entertain any advice others may have.
    Post edited by autofocus on
    Just bought a Lowepro waist pack to use as my run-N-gun audio bag. It holds my wireless receivers, DR-60D recorder, batteries, Shotgun Mic, and Hand Mic. I clip it to the tripod when I'm static and can unhook to strap around my waist if need be.

_DSC1659_9489