Weirdest pieces of Nikon gear

kyoshinikonkyoshinikon Posts: 411Member
edited July 2013 in Nikon DSLR cameras
I follow the Nikon Historical Society on facbook and they periodically post nikon gear that is quite unusual. Today they posted a picture of a Nikon H field microscope...

So what is the most unusual or exotic piece of Nikon gear you've seen or used?
“To photograph is to hold one’s breath, when all faculties converge to capture fleeting reality. It’s at that precise moment that mastering an image becomes a great physical and intellectual joy.” - Bresson

Comments

• NSXTypeRNSXTypeR Posts: 2,287Member
    Definitely the Nikon microscopes. I always got a thrill using them in lab in undergrad because I knew it cost way more than any camera or gear I owned. And I preferred the Nikon ones over the Olympus ones because the Nikon ones were far smoother in action.

Here's a video of how to use one.

Nikon D7000/ Nikon D40/ Nikon FM2/ 18-135 AF-S/ 35mm 1.8 AF-S/ 105mm Macro AF-S/ 50mm 1.2 AI-S
  • MsmotoMsmoto Posts: 5,398Moderator
    OK, here is one I bet few have seen...
    Nikon F Waistlevel Finder 07.011.13

Nikon F Waistlevel Finder 07.011.13-3

Nikon F Waistlevel Finder 07.011.13-2
    Msmoto, mod
  • SymphoticSymphotic Posts: 711Member
    Msmoto: Ive got one of those for my F2. I think I'll try to post my F2 finder collection.
    Jack Roberts
    "Discovery consists in seeing what everyone else has seen and thinking what nobody else has thought"--Albert Szent-Gyorgy
  • crizmancrizman Posts: 27Member
    Back when I had my F2, I had a attachment that helped you see the exposure in the viewfinder it was a little night light. Someone must know the item or have a photo of it. I miss my F2!
    Here you go, crizman!

_SYM1107-2
    Jack Roberts
    "Discovery consists in seeing what everyone else has seen and thinking what nobody else has thought"--Albert Szent-Gyorgy
  • crizmancrizman Posts: 27Member
    Thanks, that's it! I had tons of crazy acc. back in the day. I got my F2 used from an engineer(every item in Perfect condition-this guy bought every accessory they made)
    edited July 2013
    F2 Action Finder:
    F2 Action Finder
    This is what we had before we had the LCD on the back of our cameras!
    Post edited by Symphotic on
    Jack Roberts