Nikon World Magazine

crizmancrizman Posts: 27Member
edited September 2013 in Nikon DSLR cameras
Very sad to get an email yesterday that Nikon World Magazine is going digital & wont be printed anymore ( no more calendars either!) i love getting my magazines in the mail, etc... I am slowly getting on board with technology, BUT this is change I dont like!

Comments

• MsmotoMsmoto Posts: 5,398Moderator
    Agree. And for those born a long time ago, change is difficult. A thought I had was maybe to collaborate with some folks in the local camera club and make our own calendar.

In my mind, it appears we are progressing towards a day when everything will be electronic, stored in our iPad, and viewed at leisure. Did the folks get discouraged when the printing press was invented and say, golly, no more hand made books?

But I am with you, crizman, a disappointed soul.
    Msmoto, mod
  • adamzadamz Posts: 842Moderator
    Look at the benefits. More free space on shelf. Ability to take all the issues along with you when you travel. There are some benefits of digital press.
  • PhotobugPhotobug Posts: 5,751Member
    Sad. I always used these on the coffee table for people to look at. Even the wife looked at every issue.

I have not been notified of this change and will definitely continue to read in the future.
    D750 & D7100 | 24-70 F2.8 G AF-S ED, 70-200 F2.8 AF VR, TC-14E III, TC-1.7EII, 35 F2 AF D, 50mm F1.8G, 105mm G AF-S VR | Backup & Wife's Gear: D5500 & Sony HX50V | 18-140 AF-S ED VR DX, 55-300 AF-S G VR DX |
    |SB-800, Amaran Halo LED Ring light | MB-D16 grip| Gitzo GT3541 + RRS BH-55LR, Gitzo GM2942 + Sirui L-10 | RRS gear | Lowepro, ThinkTank, & Hoodman gear | BosStrap | Vello Freewave Plus wireless Remote, Leica Lens Cleaning Cloth |
  • PB_PMPB_PM Posts: 4,494Member
    edited September 2013
    People still read magazines, with information that is over a month out of date before they get it, in 2013???
    Post edited by PB_PM on
    If I take a good photo it's not my camera's fault.
  • crizmancrizman Posts: 27Member
    I still read all of my old issues.
  • PB_PMPB_PM Posts: 4,494Member
    I guess I could understand it if it was National Geographic, but a Nikon magazine?
    If I take a good photo it's not my camera's fault.
  • blandbland Posts: 812Member
    You can't show video on print so I'm excited to see the change.
  • NSXTypeRNSXTypeR Posts: 2,286Member
    I like magazines. I don't have time to read them, but I like the physical media of magazines.
    Nikon D7000/ Nikon D40/ Nikon FM2/ 18-135 AF-S/ 35mm 1.8 AF-S/ 105mm Macro AF-S/ 50mm 1.2 AI-S