How to retrieve pictures that suddenly disappear in Nikon V1?

kuzco88kuzco88 Posts: 1Member
edited September 2013 in Nikon 1
Hello guys,

I need your help for this awkward situation. I'm using a Nikon V1 with memory card of 8Gb. For the past 3 days, I took over 200 pictures by the same card. Then my V1 was out of battery once. After recharging the battery, I find out that most of my pictures in the last 3 days have disappeared without any reason :(( I only have 94 pictures in the card now. I didn't even remove the card from the camera. Don't understand what happened and how could I get all of my pictures back. Really need your help! Thank you very much!

Comments

• PB_PMPB_PM Posts: 4,494Member
    You'll need some kind of image recovery software. If you have some higher end Lexar or Sandisk cards they usually come with a license to some, otherwise you'll have to get a program yourself.
    If I take a good photo it's not my camera's fault.
  • heartyfisherheartyfisher Posts: 3,186Member
    My sandisk extreme card i recently bought included a printed voucher that gave a serial number for RescuePro software..
    Moments of Light - D610 D7K S5pro 70-200f4 18-200 150f2.8 12-24 18-70 35-70f2.8 : C&C very welcome!
    Being a photographer is a lot like being a Christian: Some people look at you funny but do not see the amazing beauty all around them - heartyfisher.

• mk2popmk2pop Posts: 80Member
    that rescue pro software works well, i had 2 cards in the drawer that got corrupted by a dodgy reader and it recovered all the shots from both :D, well worth having on the computer just incase
    D300 | D90 | D40 | F65 x2 | F75 | 10-24mm | 18-200mm | 35mm f1.8 | 50mm 1.4d | 40mm Micro | 70-300mm Tamron | 100-300mm f4 Sigma |1.4x Sigma tc | Sb400 | Sb900 x2

Awaiting a DX D400
  • NSXTypeRNSXTypeR Posts: 2,286Member
    Hmm, no offense but why should a dead battery result in losing images on the card? Any ideas? Maybe if it dies while you're shooting.
    Nikon D7000/ Nikon D40/ Nikon FM2/ 18-135 AF-S/ 35mm 1.8 AF-S/ 105mm Macro AF-S/ 50mm 1.2 AI-S
  • mnsamuels_81mnsamuels_81 Posts: 1Member
    It happens some time that you can lose your data without any unexpected reason. To overcome from such kind of situation I will advise you to go for a data recovery tool like Remo recover. It helped me so many times to get back my lost data.
  • jimmy5059jimmy5059 Posts: 1Member
    edited October 2013
    Hi, sorry to hear that, but don't be too worried about that, you can use this Nikon Photo Recovery to restore your lost photos. I have used it for years, it is really good to use.
    Post edited by jimmy5059 on
  • MarkHendryMarkHendry Posts: 2Member
    When I faced this type of situation at that time this video really helped me, you can also give a try it:
  • When the battery is low, taking pictures is a dangerous action. When taking pictures, image data captured by camera chip (CCD or CMOS) will be processed by Nikon camera and then stored to the memory card. During the course of write operation, if the power is low, it may cause a memory card error, data loss or even damage the memory card.
    Hello, kuzco88! Have you ever taken new pictures with your Nikon after the accident? If not, then you have a great chance to recover lost pictures; otherwise lost photos may be overwritten and completely disappeared (unrecoverable).
    In addition, if you find lost photos with Nikon photo recovery software, remember to save them to your computer’s hard drive, do not re-stored them to the memory card of Nikon digital camera.