Photo's from the past

Golf007sdGolf007sd Posts: 2,840Moderator
edited September 2013 in Fun & Weird
Came across this article and thought the image were quite powerful.

40 Must See Images From The Past.
D4 & D7000 | Nikon Holy Trinity Set + 105 2.8 Mico + 200 F2 VR II | 300 2.8G VR II, 10.5 Fish-eye, 24 & 50 1.4G, 35 & 85 1.8G, 18-200 3.5-5.6 VR I SB-400 & 700 | TC 1.4E III, 1.7 & 2.0E III, 1.7 | Sigma 35 & 50 1.4 DG HSM | RRS Ballhead & Tripods Gear | Gitzo Monopod | Lowepro Gear | HDR via Promote Control System |

Comments

• MsmotoMsmoto Posts: 5,398Moderator
    Yes, some are such a superb documentation of man's insanity, others a chance to laugh at ourselves......
    Msmoto, mod
  • Parke1953Parke1953 Posts: 456Member
    Great. Loved the snowball fight.
  • flight3flight3 Posts: 379Member
    wow! loved all of these, my biggest question is why did Sweden change the side people drove on o.O? That would obviously cause too much trouble at the beginning.
    Nikon D3100, 18-55mm VR, 50mm 1.8D, Sigma 70-200mm 2.8 OS, Yongnuo YN-560 II Speedlight Flash www.dreshad.com
  • ThomasHortonThomasHorton Posts: 323Member
    wow! loved all of these, my biggest question is why did Sweden change the side people drove on o.O? That would obviously cause too much trouble at the beginning.
    According to Wikipeda (so it must be true), there were two reasons

1. All Sweden's immediate neighbours drove on the right (including Norway and Finland, with which Sweden has land border).
    2. Most Swedes drove left-hand drive (LHD) vehicles. This led to many head-on collisions when passing on narrow two-lane highways, which were common in Sweden because of its low population density and traffic levels.

Gear: Camera obscura with an optical device which transmits and refracts light.
  • rbrylawskirbrylawski Posts: 222Member
    edited October 2013
    Thanks for posting these incredible pictures. The picture of the Original Ronald McDonald, really struck a familiar chord for me. That's actually Willard Scott. At the same time, he was the Original Bozo The Clown, and for my 5th birthday (a touch pre-'63) I was given the opportunity to be on his show which was in Washington D.C., as my birthday present. I even got to squeeze his nose (after yelling loudly that it was my birthday and demanding the opportunity to sit on his lap to do it).

Thanks again for posting the pics.........
    Post edited by rbrylawski on
    Nikon D7100; AF-S DX 35mm f1.8; AF-S DX Macro 40mm f2.8; AF-S DX 18-200mm VRII; SB-700 Speed Light and a bunch of other not very noteworthy stuff......