low light tutorials?

2»

Comments

• sevencrossingsevencrossing Posts: 2,800Member
    edited November 2013
    this just a handy tip

for some reason, in the UK, the new iPad app is listed under: M for "Manual Viewer" not N for "Nikon Manual Viewer"
    Post edited by sevencrossing on
  • colin29660colin29660 Posts: 1Member
    "Reset custom settings" in MENU. MY D7000 did this too
  • FesterFester Posts: 8Member
    Have you searched YouTube yet?
  • SymphoticSymphotic Posts: 711Member
    Hi, TiCreativeMedia:

You might be interested in Ben Long's course in night time and low light photography at Lynda.com.
    He deals with both flash and existing light techniques.

Jack Roberts
    "Discovery consists in seeing what everyone else has seen and thinking what nobody else has thought"--Albert Szent-Gyorgy
  • PistnbrokePistnbroke Posts: 2,444Member
    edited July 2014
    A usefull figure to keep in your mind is iso 100 at F8 needs 1 sec for street lighting /night scenes
    variations of that eg 100iso f2.8 needs 1/8 sec or iso 1600 f2.8 1/60.....but you are best just to set the auto iso to 100-6400 and adjust the f stop with a minimum you can hold say 1/15 if you have VR
    Post edited by Pistnbroke on
  • MsmotoMsmoto Posts: 5,398Moderator
    edited July 2014
    This low light stuff requires like most unique situations, a lot of practice. And, i am still doing that. The subject is generally what determines everything else. It is easy to grab static subjects, not so easy, or at least requires some actual thinking, to grab objects which may be in motion….. like people.

I fail a lot in low light, but learn what not to do each time… LOL My point is, go do it, learn.
    Post edited by Msmoto on
    Msmoto, mod