Motivational Drought

2»

Comments

• MikeGunterMikeGunter Posts: 543Member
    Hi all,

I've worked news a long time ago and had to fill newsprint everyday.

That's a real and harsh lesson for anyone wanting to be a artist - to know that thousands are going to pickup and look and criticize their work each day. And you will hear of it each and every day. And we shot hundreds of rolls every week.

Once my picture took up nearly half the front page - it was of the snow falling on Main Street during the night and I thought, wow I must of really nailed how the weather really gripped the town, and I asked the layout crew what they thought, and they said, 'Slow news day.'

So, have fun and just shoot.

My best,

Mike
  • SanookSanook Posts: 66Member
    edited July 2014
    Post edited by Sanook on
  • MsmotoMsmoto Posts: 5,398Moderator
    edited December 2013
    @Sanook

"Spend a small fortune on an RV and hit the road,"

Ah, yes, as the folks at the Colorado NRF meeting will attest to, this I have done. Interestingly enough, I am selling my RV, going back into an Airstream trailer in order that I may get to more remote locations. In fact, Route 66 is one of my goals, a couple shots of which I have completed already.

But, you are correct. Travel, especially if one has done their homework investigating the venues, this can be a great motivating factor.
    Post edited by Msmoto on
    Msmoto, mod
  • dissentdissent Posts: 1,344Member
    - Ian . . . [D7000, D7100; Nikon glass: 35 f1.8, 85 f1.8, 70-300 VR, 105 f2.8 VR, 12-24 f4; 16-85 VR, 300 f4D, 14E-II TC, SB-400, SB-700 . . . and still plenty of ignorance]
  • proudgeekproudgeek Posts: 1,422Member

I recommend that you travel to new places....... it's easy to find stuff to point ur camera at when visiting new and interesting places.
    This is awesome advice. I wish I remember which forum member said it, but I once heard the best advice here:

"The best investment you can make in your photography is plane tickets."

I'll never forget it.