Any rumors about a new Nikon 24mm PC-E?

2»

Comments

• WestEndFotoWestEndFoto Posts: 3,745Member
    I finally bit the bullet and bought this. It will take six weeks to arrive though, as it is a special order. I am looking forward to the creative angles this is opening for me.
  • MsmotoMsmoto Posts: 5,398Moderator
    I like mine the way it is....however, if Nikon does come up with a new version, this would be a nice change, to simply release a lock and rotate 90°.... another $500....LOL

One thought, when the tilt shift is in parallel, don't we run out of the image circle, as in tilted down, shifted up?

One other note, my experience with a "protection filter" on the front is that it quickly vignettes....so when at the extreme of tilt or shift, I usually remove the front filter.
    Msmoto, mod
    edited December 2016
    I am practicing with my 24mm PC-E. I am quite happy with it and have focussed more on shifting. Here is one image that is three shifted images, in portrait mode, stitched together using Photoshop:

Bathroom
    Post edited by WestEndFoto on
    But the 14-24 is no slouch. If you are careful with your composition, you can avoid any obvious distortion issues.

Living Room

I think I really need the 19. Using the shift, I should be able to go a little wider than this.