Good value Digitizer Drawing Tablet?

2»

Comments

• dissentdissent Posts: 1,339Member
    Man. This thread has got me thinking.

About spending more money.

Man.
    - Ian . . . [D7000, D7100; Nikon glass: 35 f1.8, 85 f1.8, 70-300 VR, 105 f2.8 VR, 12-24 f4; 16-85 VR, 300 f4D, 14E-II TC, SB-400, SB-700 . . . and still plenty of ignorance]
  • funtagraphfuntagraph Posts: 265Member
    Have you checked system settings, "others" at the bottom?

:-/

thought so. :D
  • FlowtographyBerlinFlowtographyBerlin Posts: 477Member
    edited February 2015
    Have you checked system settings, "others" at the bottom?
    Surely have, that's where it was before. Not there.

Post edited by FlowtographyBerlin on
  • funtagraphfuntagraph Posts: 265Member
    Driver is installed? The Wacom setting tab is even then in system settings if I unplugged the tablet.
  • @funtagraph: Yeah, strange. I'll check again asap. The driver is definitely installed, the tablet has been working in PS like before, labels on the displays and all.
  • Nope. Just checked. Not there. Displays are displaying.
  • autofocusautofocus Posts: 625Member
    Pretty good deal for anyone wanting to try a tablet. Wish I had found this before I purchased.
    http://www.adorama.com/WAI5SR.html
  • Vipmediastar_JZVipmediastar_JZ Posts: 1,708Member
    I upgraded to the pro. It is more sensitive where it matters to me.
    From memory the drivers and software and button selections are different.
    On the non pro I could select a pen button for brush size and on the pro I can set to hold sensitivity (not sure if the non pro had that option).

So far I like it with just 15 min of editing it makes a huge difference from one model to another.
    For brush size I use the touchpad part just like the touchpad on the MacBook.
    I would have stayed with the non pro but the pro is a bit better IMO.
  • chahuachahua Posts: 1Member
    edited January 2019
    My experience with XP-Pen has been on the Star series , the G430S, the G640S, and the Cintiq 12HD . Now, about 80% of my experience with tablets has been in Photoshop CS5 and CS6 on a Windows OS. I used PaintTool SAI for a short period but it didn't click with my drawing style.

The XP-Pen Star G430S were provided to us by my school and, while good enough for photo-editing and simple drawing tasks, it was lacking in response and precision for more detailed drawing.

I had anStar G640S and it was very nice compared to the Star G430S ! Much better sensitivity and definitely geared more toward painting. But again, the drawing side, especially for detailed line work, feels a little stiff.

So I upgraded to a wireless DECO 03 and it's been very nice! Great precision work in Photoshop with fairly dependable driver support (only occasionally has the pressure been non-responsive but it clears up with a quick system reboot!). It's nothing jawdropping but for the price, it's awesome hardware! I highly recommend the DECO 03 over the Star G640S !
    Post edited by spraynpray on
  • qilingqiling Posts: 1Member
    edited January 2019
    I highly recommend XP-Pen Digital art tablets as well. I have the XP-Pen DECO 01 , which was, at the time, the 10 x 6 Inches drawing area sized tablet in the DECO line (I say 'at the time' because mine is over a year old now, and I'm not quite up to speed on their recent offerings).

It has good pressure sensitivity, is easy to set up and use, comes with replacement pen nibs, and works well with various graphics programs (including Corel Painter, which is what I use). All I can say is that it's miles ahead of drawing with a mouse.
    Post edited by spraynpray on