Full frame upgrade?

SpacemangoesSpacemangoes Posts: 1Member
edited January 2013 in Nikon DSLR cameras
So I'm in the market for a new camera body (yes, its another one of these. Sorry!) and I'm torn between a few different options:
1) D7000
2)D700
3)D600
4)Refurb d800

I sort of shoot a little bit of everything. I'm on the yearbook at school, so that means I shoot basketball, football, plays, assemblies, swimming etc. For my own career, though, I shoot mostly events and portraits (for money). So when it comes down to it, what's most important to me is: better high ISO performance for events, better autofocus abilities (especially in low light because my on camera softbox blocks the AF assist beam), and more dedicated buttons.

I currently have:
D60
Tamron 70-200 f2.8
Tamron 19-35 F3.5-4.5
Nissin Di866 that sometimes goes on a bracket with the Calumet Hex 21 speedbox (humongous and very obvious, but great for large unbouncable ceilings)
Calumet Travelite 750r for setting a photo booth up in the corner
Sometimes rent the 24-70 f2.8 or 28-70 f2.8

Should I get the 7000 now, search for a used 700, or wait and save for the d600/refurb d800? Weight is not an issue, and features most used in strobist and event work are the most important to me (sports are sort of a side objective as that is pro bono work). Also, is it really worth it to buy new? Does the warranty on refurb bodies behave the similarly to new bodies?) Is adorama the best place to buy refurb? Lastly, I know d60 to full frame is a huge jump, but it will keep me satisfied for longer.
Thoughts?
Thanks for reading!

Comments

This discussion has been closed.