NPS Campus -- NPS membership for students (Canada)

AdeAde Posts: 1,071Member
edited April 2014 in General Discussions
Nikon recently launched the Nikon Professional Services (NPS) Campus program in Canada -- providing a free NPS student membership tier.

To qualify, a student must own any Nikon DSLR & lens (in warranty) and be enrolled in an eligible photography/arts program.

NPS Campus membership benefits include:

- 5 Day Service Turnaround (with discounted shipping)
- Free maintenance service, including wear & tear
- NPS "Graduate Bonus"

So far, NPS Campus has only launched in Canada. It remains to be seen if NPS Campus will expand globally.

https://help.nikon.ca/app/answers/detail/a_id/18907

Nikon has experimented with similar programs in the past for students, teachers and even "camera club members", most notably the NPS Lite program in Australia.

Comments

• spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    NPS Lite eh? I like the sound of that.
    Always learning.
  • henryvshenryvs Posts: 27Member
    Thanks @Ade. Interesting. I'm in a Continuing Ed Photography program at Ryerson in Toronto. I wonder if I qualify? I'll follow the link you provided and have a look. Cheers!
    Toronto photographer (shooting with Nikon of course) who loves documentary, music, event and street photography.
    www.culturesnap.ca
  • AdeAde Posts: 1,071Member
    Henry if you're enrolled in the full certificate program then you might qualify. Maybe go ahead and submit an application through your Rye email to find out. How do you like the program?
  • henryvshenryvs Posts: 27Member
    Hi @Ade. I am enrolled in the certificate program, and from looking at the application it doesn't seem to rule that out, so I think I'll follow through and apply, like you suggested.

I've enjoyed the program. I'm just finishing my sixth course. I've gotten a fair bit out of the courses, but equally from the connections and friendships I have made with other photographers in terms of learning, work opportunities, etc. Are you a photography student by chance?
    Toronto photographer (shooting with Nikon of course) who loves documentary, music, event and street photography.
    www.culturesnap.ca
  • AdeAde Posts: 1,071Member
    I'm not, but I've taken other (non-photography) courses at the Chang school and have always wondered about the photography program there.