Which, ON CAMERA , Light Flash Diffusers do you use

2»

Comments

• Rx4PhotoRx4Photo Posts: 1,200Member
    Mike, Thank you much. Means a lot!
    D800 | D7000 | Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8 | 24-70mm f/2.8 | 70-200mm f/2.8 | 35mm f/1.8G | 85mm f/1.4G | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 Art | Sigma 50mm f/1.4 Art | Sigma 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM | Zeiss 100mm Makro-Planar ZF.2 | Flash controllers: Phottix Odin TTL

• sevencrossingsevencrossing Posts: 2,800Member
    edited May 2014
    Thanks for all the replies guys
    I am going to have to give the ROGUERELG a try
    but as I mentioned in another post. My new year resolution dictates - I have to sell some toys on e bay, before I am allowed any new ones

How many of you use flash brackets?

I tend to shoot every thing in landscape as that seems to fit most albums and web sites better
    Post edited by sevencrossing on
  • spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    I use a flash bracket of my own manufacture for macro work.
    Always learning.
  • studio460studio460 Posts: 205Member
    edited May 2014
    @studio460 what kind of flash bracket is that.
    It's a Newton FR2 rotating flash bracket. Hands-down, the best rotating flash bracket on the market. Extremely well designed--very compact. A bit pricey, but world's better than my old Stroboframe VH-2000:

http://www.newtoncamerabrackets.com/default-old4.htm

[Note: the Newton "dedicated cord holder" is a required optional accessory (required to mount a Speedlight to the bracket). Also, note that older, Nikon SC-17 TTL cables are optimal, since there is a clearance issue with the SC-29's AF-assist lamp. I had them shorten my SC-17 years ago for a nominal fee-highly recommended!]
    Post edited by studio460 on

How many of you use flash brackets?
    I've been using mine for events mainly to avoid the kind of side-shadow seen here when shooting verticals (shot without a rotating bracket):

This was shot the following year with my Newton rotating flash bracket:

@Studio460, I like that rig, especially the use of the battery pack connector. Bet you could shoot all day with that.
    Thanks! Yeah, I really like it too. But, I've never actually used the bounce card set up this way (I had originally planned to just hand-hold the PortaBrace card next to the flash, with the SB-800's head turned to the left). I just thought I'd rig this up the other night to try it out. I attached one of the those 3M super clips to the side of my SB-800 over 10 years ago, and it hasn't failed yet. Works great as a cable-retainer. But, I'm excited to try my new Graslon Insight on my next event.