New Micro leses?

bogologobogologo Posts: 1Member
edited May 2014 in Nikon Lenses
Today in Switzerland a new cash back promotion has started. Interesting is that Nikon has put up micro lenses for the promotion. Are there any rumors that there will be new fx micro lenses?
http://www.nikon.ch/de_CH/news_room/news_presentation.page?Period=HomePage&Quarter=0&SY=0&ID=templatedata\de_CH\news_article\data\Cashback_Sommer14
Post edited by bogologo on

Comments

• spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    Not that has been rumoured AFAIK. I think they are just trying to stimulate sales to get revenue up.
    Always learning.
  • NSXTypeRNSXTypeR Posts: 2,287Member
    If there is a new macro lens, it will probably be the 200 F/4 as that needs an update.
    Nikon D7000/ Nikon D40/ Nikon FM2/ 18-135 AF-S/ 35mm 1.8 AF-S/ 105mm Macro AF-S/ 50mm 1.2 AI-S
  • TaoTeJaredTaoTeJared Posts: 1,306Member
    That is a bit interesting. The 105VR is actually quite old and is very close to an update. The price in stores has dropped significantly as well. Still 1st release VR and no Nano coating. It would be one of the few "Pro" lenses still not to have it. The 60mm is new and DX, well we know Nikon doesn't seem to care about DX.

The 200mm as NSCTypeR said and 70-180 have never been updated. There also is room for a 24-40ish FX macro and something between 105 and 200mm.

Mostly the promotion has all newer systems in it so I would assume it is just a regional promotion and nothing to get too excited about - unless you are in the market to buy one.
    D800, D300, D50(ir converted), FujiX100, Canon G11, Olympus TG2. Nikon lenses - 24mm 2.8, 35mm 1.8, (5 in all)50mm, 60mm, 85mm 1.8, 105vr, 105 f2.5, 180mm 2.8, 70-200vr1, 24-120vr f4. Tokina 12-24mm, 16-28mm, 28-70mm (angenieux design), 300mm f2.8. Sigma 15mm fisheye. Voigtlander R2 (olive) & R2a, Voigt 35mm 2.5, Zeiss 50mm f/2, Leica 90mm f/4. I know I missed something...
  • PB_PMPB_PM Posts: 4,494Member
    edited May 2014
    What? the 105mm VR has nano coating. Thus it is the AF-S Micro Nikkor 105mm F2.8G ED N. ;) Unless Nikon made a silent update and added Nano Crystal Coating after you bought yours, it's there.

As for the price drop, most likely due to Nikon moving production to China a few years ago.
    Post edited by PB_PM on
    If I take a good photo it's not my camera's fault.
  • AdeAde Posts: 1,071Member
    No silent updates... the 105 VR has had nano coating since its introduction in 2006.

In fact, all current FX VR prime lenses are nano coated without exception.

There are a few FX VR zooms which are not nano coated, but they are all in the consumer range -- most notably the 24-85 VR and the 70-300 VR.
  • FlorieFlorie Posts: 3Member
    Hi everyone!!!! I have just bought a Nikon D5300 with an 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II kit lens and a 55-200mm VR telephoto lens as well. What other lenses should I still need to buy for a beginner like me?
  • MsmotoMsmoto Posts: 5,398Moderator
    @Florie

Welcome to the forum. Introduce yourself here:

http://forum.nikonrumors.com/discussion/22/introduce-yourself-here#Item_436

Search the forum for D5300, lenses for beginners, and also, think about this. Decide what you want to photograph, then choose the lens based upon your needs.

As to the Micro/macro lens updates… I would like to see a true APO lens like the Zeiss 135mm f/2 Apo Sonnar T* ZF.2. Of course with AF added.

Msmoto, mod
  • WestEndBoyWestEndBoy Posts: 1,456Member
    I bought my 200mm F4 purposefully before they updated it. If they updated it, they would:

Add VR? On a macro lenses? Are you kidding? I don't even need auto-focus.
    Better optics? Maybe. But the current lens is already incredible. It would be hard to improve on.
    Plasticky construction (just like my 85mm 1.4G). I prefer the old metal construction on the 200mm f4.
    Extra $1,000? For what? Maybe #2, but it would have to be a lot better than its current incredible IQ. Certainly not for #1 and #3.

Of course, I will concede that you might want an update if you are buying a regular lens with the ability to do macro when it fancies you. But I would rather put the extra money into a 200mm F2.
  • HvalHval Posts: 110Member
    edited May 2014
    Florie,

Listen to Msmoto. She be wise.

It does sound odd, but you do need to think about what you want to photograph. I was like a mental puppy running around saying "oh my god, I want to take photos of this, of that". I soon learnt. If I was a millionaire I might have been able to buy every possible lens, and possibly have the free time to learn all those lenses. I have neither the money, nor the time.

I knew I wanted to do more than take holiday snaps - else why did I buy a DSLR? But what interests me? Well, flowers. Also aircraft. What do I need to take pictures of them? Do the research and then ask yourself, and others, questions. I can't afford a really expensive tripod, can I take the photos hand held? Yes, but they won't be perfect. Will I be happy with them?

That is what I did, and what I do. Until you know what you want, I wouldn't do anymore than use what you have.

A question for you. Should I buy a pink shirt? If you like pink you might say yes. But then a pink shirt might not suit me. Same with photography.

PS.
    Yes I do like pink, and I do wear pink shirts.

Edited to tidy up the poor formating caused by my poor typing.
    Post edited by Hval on

Cheers,

Hval

Owner of an extremely high quality Leica Lens Cleaning Cloth
    "PS.
    Yes I do like pink, and I do wear pink shirts."

@-)
    Always learning.
  • TaoTeJaredTaoTeJared Posts: 1,306Member
    What? the 105mm VR has nano coating. Thus it is the AF-S Micro Nikkor 105mm F2.8G ED N. ;) Unless Nikon made a silent update and added Nano Crystal Coating after you bought yours, it's there.

As for the price drop, most likely due to Nikon moving production to China a few years ago.

You know I was shooting with it a couple of days ago and while waiting for some hair to get done, I looked down and guess what I saw? I'll be damned if it has nano coating. I've had the thing for 5 years you think I would have remembered that. Had to be the first or one of the first to get it. ;)
    D800, D300, D50(ir converted), FujiX100, Canon G11, Olympus TG2. Nikon lenses - 24mm 2.8, 35mm 1.8, (5 in all)50mm, 60mm, 85mm 1.8, 105vr, 105 f2.5, 180mm 2.8, 70-200vr1, 24-120vr f4. Tokina 12-24mm, 16-28mm, 28-70mm (angenieux design), 300mm f2.8. Sigma 15mm fisheye. Voigtlander R2 (olive) & R2a, Voigt 35mm 2.5, Zeiss 50mm f/2, Leica 90mm f/4. I know I missed something...
  • sevencrossingsevencrossing Posts: 2,800Member
    the last lens Nikon updated was 400 f 2.8. Did any one notice any cash back on the old one ?
  • PhotobugPhotobug Posts: 5,751Member
    What? the 105mm VR has nano coating.

You know I was shooting with it a couple of days ago and while waiting for some hair to get done, I looked down and guess what I saw? I'll be damned if it has nano coating. I've had the thing for 5 years you think I would have remembered that. Had to be the first or one of the first to get it. ;)
    Remember the first thing to go is your memory...then you know your getting old! :-SS
    D750 & D7100 | 24-70 F2.8 G AF-S ED, 70-200 F2.8 AF VR, TC-14E III, TC-1.7EII, 35 F2 AF D, 50mm F1.8G, 105mm G AF-S VR | Backup & Wife's Gear: D5500 & Sony HX50V | 18-140 AF-S ED VR DX, 55-300 AF-S G VR DX |
    |SB-800, Amaran Halo LED Ring light | MB-D16 grip| Gitzo GT3541 + RRS BH-55LR, Gitzo GM2942 + Sirui L-10 | RRS gear | Lowepro, ThinkTank, & Hoodman gear | BosStrap | Vello Freewave Plus wireless Remote, Leica Lens Cleaning Cloth |
  • HvalHval Posts: 110Member
    Spraynpray,

Just be grateful it is not a pink skirt.

Cheers,

Hval

Owner of an extremely high quality Leica Lens Cleaning Cloth
    LOL! Well, only at weekends maybe... :-*
    Always learning.