BlackRapid T1 Fastener with Sirui TY-60 Tripod plate

syn3rgysyn3rgy Posts: 22Member
edited July 2014 in General Discussions
Hi All,

Wondering if someone could help me out.

I am wanting to get a BlackRapid strap but i wanted to know if the T1 Fastener (Link) would be compatible with the Sirui TY-60 Plate

I currently have that plate with the Sirui K20 Ball head

If that setup would not work, is there any other Plate i could use that would be compatible with that Ball head and BlackRapid T1 Fastener?

Also, for those that have the BR Straps, Do you recommend any particular one? I am looking at the Curve RS-7

Thank you all :)
Post edited by syn3rgy on

Comments

• MsmotoMsmoto Posts: 5,398Moderator
    edited July 2014
    I am a Sirui fan, having just purchased the K30X ballhead, which I will compare with any other bullhead around for its versatility and attention to detail at about 1/3 the cost.

However, my BlackRapid strap is attached to the L Plate on my camera using OP/TECH USA SYSTEM CONNECTORS (UTILITY LOOP) and the Carabiner at the end of the BlackRapid. This allows a more versatile IMO attachment, is quite secure, and just easier for me. I am certain if one were to find an TY-60X plate attachment screw which were sturdy enough (not one that folds) and had a loop for its head this might work. One problem i see, holding the TY-60X in my hand, is the screw on this plate has of course been reduced substantially in diameter to allow it to slide along the plate for adjustment. I would prefer to have a screw which was a full diameter for strength. And maybe in Grade 8….

Also, on the edge of the Sirui plate is an apparent location for a strap attachment, the the OPTECH loops I believe would work here.
    Post edited by Msmoto on
    Msmoto, mod
  • syn3rgysyn3rgy Posts: 22Member
    edited July 2014
    Thanks Msmoto,

I found this on flickr however, the person never replied to comments as to how he did it or if he in fact did anything

https://www.flickr.com/photos/andreaslangen/8344805235/
  • Vipmediastar_JZVipmediastar_JZ Posts: 1,708Member
    edited July 2014
    See if this helps you
    I now have Peak Design plates and the current version have the rings and the future one's will not include the ring.

My current setup needs an upgrade
    Also, for those that have the BR Straps, Do you recommend any particular one? I am looking at the Curve RS-7
    I have the sport verson and I'm glad that I have it because the safety connecter helps alot when it slides.

I also have the fastner that I can test for you but It will have to be later today or tomorrow. My guess is that it should work.
    Post edited by Vipmediastar_JZ on
  • PhotobugPhotobug Posts: 5,751Member
    I am a Sirui fan, having just purchased the K30X ballhead, which I will compare with any other bullhead around for its versatility and attention to detail at about 1/3 the cost.

However, my BlackRapid strap is attached to the L Plate on my camera using OP/TECH USA SYSTEM CONNECTORS (UTILITY LOOP) and the Carabiner at the end of the BlackRapid. This allows a more versatile IMO attachment, is quite secure, and just easier for me. I am certain if one were to find an TY-60X plate attachment screw which were sturdy enough (not one that folds) and had a loop for its head this might work. One problem i see, holding the TY-60X in my hand, is the screw on this plate has of course been reduced substantially in diameter to allow it to slide along the plate for adjustment. I would prefer to have a screw which was a full diameter for strength. And maybe in Grade 8….

Also, on the edge of the Sirui plate is an apparent location for a strap attachment, the the OPTECH loops I believe would work here.
    Would you please provide a photo of our set-up Msmoto. Pictures worth a 1,000 questions.
    D750 & D7100 | 24-70 F2.8 G AF-S ED, 70-200 F2.8 AF VR, TC-14E III, TC-1.7EII, 35 F2 AF D, 50mm F1.8G, 105mm G AF-S VR | Backup & Wife's Gear: D5500 & Sony HX50V | 18-140 AF-S ED VR DX, 55-300 AF-S G VR DX |
    |SB-800, Amaran Halo LED Ring light | MB-D16 grip| Gitzo GT3541 + RRS BH-55LR, Gitzo GM2942 + Sirui L-10 | RRS gear | Lowepro, ThinkTank, & Hoodman gear | BosStrap | Vello Freewave Plus wireless Remote, Leica Lens Cleaning Cloth |
  • MsmotoMsmoto Posts: 5,398Moderator
    edited July 2014
    OPTECH Loops on D4_07.23.14

OPTECH Loops on D4_07.23.14-2

Sunwayphoto PNL-D4 L Plate
    BlackRapid strap (the one with a slight curve for the shoulder pad)
    Post edited by Msmoto on
    Msmoto, mod
    edited July 2014
    Neat idea @msmoto after the photos I bought an L plate with the grip. I have a OP/tech uni loop on the side of the L plate but I use it as a safety backup. I'll take pics and use the D800 tommorow for some city shots.
  • PhotobugPhotobug Posts: 5,751Member
    @Msmoto...thank you. That is really a nice rig. I love the way it is attached to the "L" bracket and NOT to the tripod socket. Creative application to attach the Black Rapid strap.
    D750 & D7100 | 24-70 F2.8 G AF-S ED, 70-200 F2.8 AF VR, TC-14E III, TC-1.7EII, 35 F2 AF D, 50mm F1.8G, 105mm G AF-S VR | Backup & Wife's Gear: D5500 & Sony HX50V | 18-140 AF-S ED VR DX, 55-300 AF-S G VR DX |
    |SB-800, Amaran Halo LED Ring light | MB-D16 grip| Gitzo GT3541 + RRS BH-55LR, Gitzo GM2942 + Sirui L-10 | RRS gear | Lowepro, ThinkTank, & Hoodman gear | BosStrap | Vello Freewave Plus wireless Remote, Leica Lens Cleaning Cloth |
  • Bokeh_HunterBokeh_Hunter Posts: 234Member
    edited July 2014
    What I use

M-Plate Pro Tripod Plate

Works both for the Manfrotto RC2 and Arca Swiss ball heads.

Post edited by Bokeh_Hunter on
    •Formerly TTJ•
    edited July 2014
    Alright I found the FastneR it's actually on the manfrotto plate.
    I swapped over to the no name arca plate and it doesn't work. It is designed to work with the manfrotto because the manfrotto has a groove that and it sits flush. With the arca plate there is no groove and the screw does't come out much so it will fall out.

The plate that @bokeh_hunter posted is a good option or the Peak Design one.

• syn3rgysyn3rgy Posts: 22Member
    edited July 2014
    Hi All,

Thank you all for your showing me your setup\testings. The missus is going to be getting it for me for my b-day so will try it out anyways and if it does not work (or i cannot make it work) will have to look at a new plate.

If i cannot make it work and need to change the plate, does anyone recommend a plate that would be compatible with the Sirui Head, I could look at this one

http://www.ukphotodistro.co.uk/product_p/sirui-tylp.htm

Only think i dont like about the above plate is that the strap will connect in the front of the camera and if you turn and if you turn it around for it to connect out the back of the camera, it sticks out quite a lot as shown here

• Bokeh_HunterBokeh_Hunter Posts: 234Member
    I remembered this one by Arcatech as well;
    Swift Clamp
    •Formerly TTJ•