Strange sky

SamkoSamko Posts: 101Member
edited July 2014 in General Discussions
Hey all .

Im new both here and in photography.

Gear : D90, lens 18-55 dx vr II .

I shot a photo of a lake and trees, but the sky look wierd on my photo.
I shot it just before sunset, and the sky was ... Line all over them like a rainbow, but just darkblue, lighter blue lighter blue..... and so on.
Its hard to tell, but it was like it had problem to make a nice soft color change, it was more like a " jump" from light blue to a little darker blue. I hope sombody can tell me what i'm doing wrong .

Thanks .
Tagged:

Comments

• PhotobugPhotobug Posts: 5,751Member
    Hey all .

Im new both here and in photography.

Gear : D90, lens 18-55 dx vr II .

I shot a photo of a lake and trees, but the sky look wierd on my photo.
    I shot it just before sunset, and the sky was ... Line all over them like a rainbow, but just darkblue, lighter blue lighter blue..... and so on.
    Its hard to tell, but it was like it had problem to make a nice soft color change, it was more like a " jump" from light blue to a little darker blue. I hope sombody can tell me what i'm doing wrong .

Thanks .
    Go ahead and post your picture in this forum so we can help you. You need a Flicker account, post the photo there then copy the file info and post it into this conference. Just keep the file size no higher than 640.
    D750 & D7100 | 24-70 F2.8 G AF-S ED, 70-200 F2.8 AF VR, TC-14E III, TC-1.7EII, 35 F2 AF D, 50mm F1.8G, 105mm G AF-S VR | Backup & Wife's Gear: D5500 & Sony HX50V | 18-140 AF-S ED VR DX, 55-300 AF-S G VR DX |
    |SB-800, Amaran Halo LED Ring light | MB-D16 grip| Gitzo GT3541 + RRS BH-55LR, Gitzo GM2942 + Sirui L-10 | RRS gear | Lowepro, ThinkTank, & Hoodman gear | BosStrap | Vello Freewave Plus wireless Remote, Leica Lens Cleaning Cloth |
  • IronheartIronheart Posts: 3,017Moderator
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posterization

You likely are looking at a jpeg with a very small colorspace or it has been highly compressed. What are your file settings?
  • NSXTypeRNSXTypeR Posts: 2,286Member
    Could it be banding from high ISO?

You really should post a shot, as any further discussion here is going to be pure speculation.
    Nikon D7000/ Nikon D40/ Nikon FM2/ 18-135 AF-S/ 35mm 1.8 AF-S/ 105mm Macro AF-S/ 50mm 1.2 AI-S
  • SamkoSamko Posts: 101Member

Hey agin, thanks for the fast support.
    I dont know what happend, i was going to post the photo so you can see what its going on, and when i opened the photo today everything was good. The lines have disappeared, and the photo look normal !
    I think there is something up with my pc. I'm sorry i wasted your time.

Here i have posted some info from the photo:

File Info 1
    File: DSC_5176.NEF
    Date Created: 2014-07-23 20:56:24
    Date Modified: 2014-07-23 20:56:24
    File Size: 9.28 MB
    Image Size: L (4288 x 2848)

Exposure
    Aperture: f/11
    Shutter Speed: 1/40s
    Exposure Mode: Manual
    Exposure Comp.: 0EV
    Exposure Tuning:
    Metering: Matrix
    ISO Sensitivity: ISO 200

Thanks for the support.
  • PostmanPostman Posts: 59Member
    We at least we can rule out high ISO and low quality JPG as the cause, but you will need to either put a download link to the .NEF file or upload the JPG somewhere (like Flickr) you can link to in this post.

Assuming you're not really sure how to do that, perhaps someone might offer an email address for you to send it to?
  • SamkoSamko Posts: 101Member
    @Postman
    I have fixes the problem. Or it fixed it self over night. This morning when i opened the photo it was all normal. I belive it has to do something with my pc, when it get overheated.