Pure photography - To post-process or not

13»

Comments

• autofocusautofocus Posts: 625Member
    This is a conversation only photographers care about. The end product, the photo, is not for the Photographer community alone. It's for others to see and appreciate. If you are trying to impress other photographers you are shooting for the wrong reasons. The age old debate on whether to process or not. Or, how much to process. Who are you shooting for, yourself, the photographer community, or so others may see your vision of the world. Do what makes you happy and you'll shoot more and be happier with the end state. Critiques are great however, my best critiques come from people that don't even know how to turn a camera on. And that is what counts.
  • paniolopaniolo Posts: 7Member
    "Pure" photography? Does that mean that I have to be color blind to do black and white?
  • haroldpharoldp Posts: 984Member
    "Pure" photography? Does that mean that I have to be color blind to do black and white?
    Yes.

... H
    D810, D3x, 14-24/2.8, 50/1.4D, 24-70/2.8, 24-120/4 VR, 70-200/2.8 VR1, 80-400 G, 200-400/4 VR1, 400/2.8 ED VR G, 105/2 DC, 17-55/2.8.
    Nikon N90s, F100, F, lots of Leica M digital and film stuff.

• sevencrossingsevencrossing Posts: 2,800Member
    Am the only one, when shooting B/W film used to able to "see" the monochrome result
    not only that, but when looking at a B/W photograph of a beach scene would "see" a blue sky and yellow sand
  • spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    No.
    Always learning.
  • snakebunksnakebunk Posts: 993Member
    @sevencrossing: That's a nice set of cameras you've got!