D600 Serial / warranty

MaldlanorMaldlanor Posts: 2Member
edited January 2013 in Nikon DSLR cameras
Hi,

I'm new to the forum and have a question.
I live in Cali and ordered a Nikon D600 from Adorama. from what I understand

2 - Japan
3 - USA
4 - Europe (excluding UK)
5 - Canada
6 - Australia / New Zealand(?)/Eastern Europe (?)
7 - Asia (excluding Japan)
8 - UK

I received a D600 with a serial of 501XXXX and was wondering if this would affect my warranty in the US, and If i should return it and ask for a USA model.
Post edited by Maldlanor on

Comments

• MaldlanorMaldlanor Posts: 2Member
    edited January 2013
    Can anyone answer this question?
    Post edited by Maldlanor on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2013
    The numbers you mention what do they do? I bought mine in Holland, serial 607....

Here we have 2 year warranty, when you register the camera by Nikon, what I did.
    I have the normal yellow "Nikon Europe Service Warranty" sheet, with the serial number on it and where it says - Distributor Nikon Europe B.V. This with the bill for the purchase date is my warranty in Europe.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    Those who say it can't be done, should not interrupt those doing it!
  • Can anyone answer this question?
    Can anyone else understand the question?
  • IronheartIronheart Posts: 3,017Moderator
    As Ton mentions you should have a warrantee card that came with the unit in the box.
  • PB_PMPB_PM Posts: 4,494Member
    edited January 2013
    If the warranty card says Nikon USA on you have no issue. If it says something else, you got a grey market body.

All my cameras (from Nikon Canada) are 501xxxx, and the warranty cards say Nikon Canada on them.
    Post edited by PB_PM on
    If I take a good photo it's not my camera's fault.
  • Still no idea what the question is, but my D600 purchased from a well known shop (remember them?) here in France has a serial number 6******

Does this mean I actually live in Australia?
    edited January 2013
    Why is what the OP asking hard to understand? The OP simply wanted to know if the serial number he had is valid for a Nikon USA product (something we could never know).

I doubt the first three numbers matter, as long as the name of the Nikon subsidiary for France/Europe is on the warranty card that matches.
    Post edited by PB_PM on
  • tc88tc88 Posts: 537Member
    edited January 2013
    I think I know what OP is asking and from the way it's asked, OP probably also knows the answer and just want to double check.

OP may have knowingly or unknowingly got a grey market D600. Well people report D600 serials related to dust situation and the first number may indeed has some significance regarding where it's sold. Also note OP already mentioned whether he should ask for a US model. Anyway it's very easy to verify. If it comes without a Nikon USA warranty sheet, then OP definitely has a grey market one.

Now OP is asking whether Nikon USA will work on it in case warranty service is needed if it's a grey market. From the understanding of this forum, the answer is no. It's said that to discourage grey market imports, they won't even touch/repair it even if you are willing to pay for it. So there won't be any service, warranty or not.

Hope this clarifies.
    Post edited by tc88 on
  • MsmotoMsmoto Posts: 5,398Moderator
    It would appear if you purchased a camera listed on Adorama as "USA Warranty" then this is what you should have received.

I would suggest if you have questions, contact Adorama and get the feedback from their customer service department regarding warranty information.
    Msmoto, mod
  • MikeGunterMikeGunter Posts: 543Member
    Hi all,

@PB_PM I didn't get the OP's question either, until after a lot of others filled in the blanks. It wasn't the 'clearest' question I've seen, but then I'm not the sharpest tool in the box either.

@Msmoto - your advice is the best. If the OP has a real question about his warranty, he/she needs to go to the source. Playing a numbers game with his warranty card with strangers (even well-meaning ones like us - is foolish - we like spending other people's money), when it's best to call the seller and get a direct and final answer.

My best to all,

Mike
    @MikeGunter I guess I'm just used to working with people who are hard to understand, having worked with immigrants from many nations, so I pickup on things like that quickly.
  • MikeGunterMikeGunter Posts: 543Member
    Hi PB_PM

My grandmother was Native American, but I didn't get it at all.

My best,

Mike
  • spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    Maldlanor was pretty impatient to get an answer to the question at first, but has not commented since - I would like to know what the warranty sheet has stamped on it. That is simply the answer. No calls necessary. :-w
    Always learning.
  • RustyRusty Posts: 2Member
    I happen to;

1. live in the USA
    2. Own a D600 with a 501 ser#
    3. Purchased online from B&H (I do realize OP used adorama)
    4. Have the warranty card in front of me and it says....one year USA limited warranty
    As a side note my 1st FX, pretty amazing
    Hope this helps...
  • HelenOsterHelenOster Posts: 2Member
    Hi,

I'm new to the forum and have a question.
    I live in Cali and ordered a Nikon D600 from Adorama. ....
    I received a D600 with a serial of 501XXXX and was wondering if this would affect my warranty in the US, and If i should return it and ask for a USA model.
    Adorama does not sell direct import ('grey market') camera bodies, only lenses.

If you purchase a direct import lens from Adorama, it will state GREY MARKET very clearly above the listing.

Helen Oster
    Adorama Camera customer Service Ambassador
    Helen@adorama.com
  • MsmotoMsmoto Posts: 5,398Moderator
    Thank you, Helen
    Msmoto, mod