Can't decide on next move???

2»

Comments

• spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    We discuss the quality of images between bodies, e.g., D610 vs. D750, and yet, in so many cases unless I am up to 20" x 30" prints, I cannot tell the difference between my D90, D4, D800E.

Of course, there is a difference, huge, but my point is, except for some special features each has, one can get excellent results from almost any of the nikon bodies, providing the optics are first rate.

The difference in the final result between a D610….. I doubt I could tell any. The features, again, something like a tilt rear screen, this may be the real deciding factor.
    I know I've only seen @Photobug's samples but the low noiseat ISO 4000 of the D750 looks amazing - better than the D610 I tried. As Homer says - Gaaaaaah!
    Always learning.
  • MsmotoMsmoto Posts: 5,398Moderator
    OK, I will have to concede, the ISO sensitivity may be one of the big factors separating the cameras….
    Msmoto, mod
  • KnockKnockKnockKnock Posts: 398Member
    The images coming from the imaging-resource page are pretty impressive. Comparing the D610 to the D750, I expected a slight, but not significant improvement. It looks significant though. The NR looks more Canon-like than before. Chroma noise is much better controlled than the D610. I don't have much of an eye to distinguish the levels of detail lost due to NR.

I'll be curious to see if/how RAW is affected.
    D7100, D60, 35mm f/1.8 DX, 50mm f/1.4, 18-105mm DX, 18-55mm VR II, Sony RX-100 ii
  • sevencrossingsevencrossing Posts: 2,800Member
    edited September 2014
    , I cannot tell the difference between my D90, D4, D800E.

The difference will very much depend on the subject and ISO setting

Even on an A5 print; shooting a landscape, against the light, with very bright highlights and deep shadows ; or shooting at High ISO values, there will be a huge difference

Shooting an evenly lit subject, with no extreme shadows or highlights, at ISO 200, the difference will be considerably less

Post edited by sevencrossing on
  • GreenwiseGreenwise Posts: 34Member
    strange conclusion to my initial decision over what body to get......
    my friend brought back the d7000 and 105 lens i sold him, as he was going to have trouble paying me...i thanked him for his honesty ;)
    I then had a d7000 and a 105mm lens, and also a d610 body to play with :)
    I've traded them both in and got myself a d750 to go with my 24-70mm f/2.8 :D
    ah and also saw a sigma 85mm f/1.4 that I've fell in love with so that came back with me as well...!!
    now the budget is well and truly gone!!! but hey the d750 is.....AMAZING ;)
  • henrik1963henrik1963 Posts: 567Member
    That is how it often goes :-) If you are not carefull you will soon be willing to sell your mother for the latest model :-)
  • SportsSports Posts: 365Member
    ah and also saw a sigma 85mm f/1.4 that I've fell in love with so that came back with me as well...!!
    How can those lenses keep doing that?? :-)
    I found a Sigma 105mm f/2.8 macro in my shopping basket. No idea how it got there. The price is pretty attractive right now (even in Denmark), so maybe that had something to do with it.
    D300, J1
    Sigma 70-200/2.8, 105/2.8
    Nikon 50/1.4G, 18-200, 80-400G
    1 10-30, 30-110
  • GreenwiseGreenwise Posts: 34Member
    edited September 2014
    That is how it often goes :-) If you are not carefull you will soon be willing to sell your mother for the latest model :-)
    lol i swopped her for a d7000 when that was released ;)
    How can those lenses keep doing that?? :-)
    I found a Sigma 105mm f/2.8 macro in my shopping basket. No idea how it got there. The price is pretty attractive right now (even in Denmark), so maybe that had something to do with it.
    think they must have magnets in the lenses that stick to the shopping baskets :)

also on a side note my D750 was faulty!!! constant corruption when saving photos, tried new cards and different lenses but same thing happened, green lines alover my photos!!! they've swopped it out for another body !!!!
    Post edited by Greenwise on
  • PhotobugPhotobug Posts: 5,751Member
    also on a side note my D750 was faulty!!! constant corruption when saving photos, tried new cards and different lenses but same thing happened, green lines alover my photos!!! they've swopped it out for another body !!!!
    First congratulations on the new D750. Looks like you got one that slipped thru QC/QA. Let us know your impressions on your new tool and be sure to post in PAD. Congrats.
    D750 & D7100 | 24-70 F2.8 G AF-S ED, 70-200 F2.8 AF VR, TC-14E III, TC-1.7EII, 35 F2 AF D, 50mm F1.8G, 105mm G AF-S VR | Backup & Wife's Gear: D5500 & Sony HX50V | 18-140 AF-S ED VR DX, 55-300 AF-S G VR DX |
    |SB-800, Amaran Halo LED Ring light | MB-D16 grip| Gitzo GT3541 + RRS BH-55LR, Gitzo GM2942 + Sirui L-10 | RRS gear | Lowepro, ThinkTank, & Hoodman gear | BosStrap | Vello Freewave Plus wireless Remote, Leica Lens Cleaning Cloth |