Fine tuning new camera

2»

Comments

• Bokeh_HunterBokeh_Hunter Posts: 234Member
    at 300mm f 5.6 and 10 ft DOF is 1 inch ...typical ring shot at a wedding ..so I think adjustment is in order.
    I have re-written this so many times just because there is so much that is so wrong with that example it is in the realm of drivel. Taking a macro image of one of the most important aspects of a wedding, with an all in one lens racked out to it's max - wide open? You can't get any worse of an image output from that lens. Besides that, you don't align lenses at those settings either or expect it to perform high enough to tell.

You need to watch some Youtube videos or read some articles so you can get a base understanding of aligning lenses.

•Formerly TTJ•
  • PistnbrokePistnbroke Posts: 2,444Member
    edited October 2014
    Well I agree .I.usually use F8 for wedding ring shots but your statement that the DOF is 2 ft was clearly wrong . If using an FX camera you would use 300mm for a hand/wedding ring close up from about 20 ft..to suggest that you would not is drivel.
    I usually do my back focus at the max focal length then check at about 3 other points and come to a decison Getting the best focus at the max focal length is a critical factor. I am not aligning the lens I am adjusting the focus system to say otherwise is wrong.
    I just bought a 28-300 and photographed a steet lamp about 60 ft away at 300mm F5.6 ...all blury. I then adjusted the fine focus adjust (back focus) and could read the makers phone number which were letters 1/8 high. so IMHO adjusting back focus is critical ..
    Post edited by Pistnbroke on
  • Bokeh_HunterBokeh_Hunter Posts: 234Member
    The grammar and sentence structure is so horrible I can't make any sense in what you wrote.

•Formerly TTJ•
  • PistnbrokePistnbroke Posts: 2,444Member
    Ok I just put in a few words and added some recent experience with the New 28-300 I just purchased.