Please help!!

2»

Comments

• WestEndBoyWestEndBoy Posts: 1,456Member
    That is why it is generally pointless to answer a question until we know experience, subjects, budget and current kit.
  • safyresafyre Posts: 113Member
    edited October 2014
    Or better yet, people can just not assume that every newbie has several thousands to blow on camera gear and has hours of time to look at MTF charts and pixel peep. I used to give complex advice until I realized that most of the people asking are just soccer moms/dads who want to just take better photos than what they can do on their iphone.
    Post edited by safyre on
  • Golf007sdGolf007sd Posts: 2,840Moderator
    @safyre: Valid point. However, when we, as a community, do try to address the OP's question, in relation to our own past mistakes/experiences. Hence, wanting to do a specific task, but not sure how to do it or have purchased some equipment, yet unable to get the "right" result.
    D4 & D7000 | Nikon Holy Trinity Set + 105 2.8 Mico + 200 F2 VR II | 300 2.8G VR II, 10.5 Fish-eye, 24 & 50 1.4G, 35 & 85 1.8G, 18-200 3.5-5.6 VR I SB-400 & 700 | TC 1.4E III, 1.7 & 2.0E III, 1.7 | Sigma 35 & 50 1.4 DG HSM | RRS Ballhead & Tripods Gear | Gitzo Monopod | Lowepro Gear | HDR via Promote Control System |
  • WestEndBoyWestEndBoy Posts: 1,456Member
    Or better yet, people can just not assume that every newbie has several thousands to blow on camera gear and has hours of time to look at MTF charts and pixel peep. I used to give complex advice until I realized that most of the people asking are just soccer moms/dads who want to just take better photos than what they can do on their iphone.
    Of course, but if you don't assume anything, you still need the information.
  • Rx4PhotoRx4Photo Posts: 1,200Member
    edited October 2014
    I'm thinking if he/she is a jewelry designer then there's definitely lots of creative ability there. I'll assume it's a she if there's intent to take self portraits wearing jewelry. (I certainly wouldn't want to see a necklace on a hairy chested dude!). Anyway, many people are just bent on doing what they initially intended to do and are looking for other ideas on how to make it happen within the realm of what they already have planned. If she intended to shoot her own self portraits then the thought of hiring someone to do it might not have been what she wanted to hear or read. Kinda reminds me of the @tcole1983 first wedding thread there @autofocus mentioned that he'll be shooting his stepdaughter's wedding as well as being in the party. Many responses were against the very thought of it, yet he ended up saying he will do it despite the recommendations and gave valid personal reasons why.

I'm willing to bet the OP has peeked in so hopefully she/he understands all of this and is able to successfully move forward with the plans ... learn and enjoy the D700 ... then maybe post a couple of pictures on the Photo -a-Day thread.
    Post edited by Rx4Photo on
    D800 | D7000 | Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8 | 24-70mm f/2.8 | 70-200mm f/2.8 | 35mm f/1.8G | 85mm f/1.4G | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 Art | Sigma 50mm f/1.4 Art | Sigma 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM | Zeiss 100mm Makro-Planar ZF.2 | Flash controllers: Phottix Odin TTL