Apple New I-Mac's 5K What software work's?

2»

Comments

• jimmyboyjimmyboy Posts: 505Member
    I am a little confused, having used Mac's since 1980 and PC's both, it has been a long time since I have come across a software package that cannot scale to new screen resolutions, Is this something Mac specific? because if it is, wow.

I mean every application I am aware of these days will work with 5k screen resolution. Now as far as Capture NX2 working, that is another story, because we are not talking about being compatible with 5k screens, we are talking about Apple changing so much in the OS with every update that you can't run older software packages.

This must be a Mac thing.

Talking about Yosemite 10.10. I believe all the New i-mac's 5K are Yosemite 10.10. operating system. Now NX2 has been updated for this system.
  • alexjhalexjh Posts: 1Member
    try editors with retina display support only.
    i had nice experience with this photo editor for mac http://macphun.com and it does the job for me.
    it also have user-friendly interface to use
  • paulrpaulr Posts: 1,176Member
    I went back to Photoshop CC 2014 on my Imac and everything worked perfect, my Mac did not like the 2015 version and had major problems with all my Plug-ins All is perfect with PCC 2014.
    Camera, Lens and Tripod and a few other Bits
  • TerryWhiteTerryWhite Posts: 1Member
    edited December 2015
    I went back to Photoshop CC 2014 on my Imac and everything worked perfect, my Mac did not like the 2015 version and had major problems with all my Plug-ins All is perfect with PCC 2014.
    Photoshop as for me is great for win os but for mac there are new different editors to try.
    Post edited by TerryWhite on