edited February 2013
    My personal suggestion would be to stick with one of the sponsors of NRF
    Amazon
    B&H
    Adorama
    Rent me
    Check eBay prices
    PhotoCineShop (EU)

You can also check the availability of Nikon products at J&R, Abe's of Maine, BestBuy, Newegg, Buy.com and OneCall.

Read more on NikonRumors.com: http://nikonrumors.com/prices/#ixzz2Kxluu6Ww
    Post edited by Msmoto on
    Msmoto, mod
  • jjdarlingjjdarling Posts: 59Member
    I'm usually skeptical of these kinda deals, but ABT seems pretty legitimate. They seem to be an authorized Nikon reseller, so I don't know how they're able to offer this kind of deal.
    www.jjdarling.com
  • aclearspotaclearspot Posts: 11Member
    O k I bought at the beginning of March. Sn 306xxx and a little over 1k clicks and clean. I put on my 50m for almost all of those shots and only put the 28-300 on yesterday. Keeping my fingers crossed.
  • PhotobugPhotobug Posts: 5,751Member
    David said, " I would really like a D800 with a lower resolution sensor."

I recently suggested in the D400 Blog that the best option was for Nikon to use the D800 body with the 24MP sensor for the replacement of the D300/D300s instead of building a whole new DSLR. That could work for a larger size FX model too at a price point point between the D600 and D800.. It really is a great suggestion for those of us who do not like the grip on the D600, D7000, and the new D7100. Checkout my comments in the D7100 blog.
    D750 & D7100 | 24-70 F2.8 G AF-S ED, 70-200 F2.8 AF VR, TC-14E III, TC-1.7EII, 35 F2 AF D, 50mm F1.8G, 105mm G AF-S VR | Backup & Wife's Gear: D5500 & Sony HX50V | 18-140 AF-S ED VR DX, 55-300 AF-S G VR DX |
    |SB-800, Amaran Halo LED Ring light | MB-D16 grip| Gitzo GT3541 + RRS BH-55LR, Gitzo GM2942 + Sirui L-10 | RRS gear | Lowepro, ThinkTank, & Hoodman gear | BosStrap | Vello Freewave Plus wireless Remote, Leica Lens Cleaning Cloth |
  • hanshamhansham Posts: 1Member
    I am in the same situation, and I wait.
    My dream camera will be the next D600x with some features from the D7001.
  • MsmotoMsmoto Posts: 5,398Moderator
    D600......I would still wait....When Nikon has confirmed a correction for the apparent issues with oil and dirt on the sensor...then I would consider it a good camera body. The D800 is probably a good one now, but we may see a redo of this as well in the next 6 - 12 moths, just to get away from the birthing problems.
    Msmoto, mod
  • roombarobotroombarobot Posts: 201Member

I second Msmoto, I wouldn't risk my money on a D600 until I was sure that the service centers are able to fix them and, more importantly, that Nikon has fixed the issue and the supply lines have been re-filled with good product.

I went through months of spots with my D600 and 3 rounds through Nikon service. Eventually I got the vendor to take it back and I moved on. I am glad to be past it.