"Pan Am Aviation": Check out this nice project by Mike Kelley

FlowtographyBerlinFlowtographyBerlin Posts: 477Member
edited December 2014 in General Discussions
I don't know if someone already posted this when it came out, but check out this cool project by Mike Kelley:

https://fstoppers.com/fashion/bringing-pan-am-back-life-photographing-and-lighting-first-class-cabin-747-9458

and the making of:

What I really like about this one is how the whole shoot was put into practice:

• A basic idea ("I need to do something with aviation")
• An inspiration from the location opportunity that he heard of
• Coming up with a good story / concept for the shoot (promotional shots for as if it was still in the 70s)
• The styling, obviously
• Coping with the difficult lighting possiblities and settling for the simplest solution
• Giving the images a nice overall look in post (manipulating curves) that is very subtle and yet very apparent and authentic
Post edited by FlowtographyBerlin on

Comments

• WestEndFotoWestEndFoto Posts: 3,742Member
    This is an amazing story. I have been thinking of photographing our office 's reception and the more I think about it, the more I appreciate the challenges involved. This article allows me to appreciate what a both simple and complex project I an contemplating.
  • SymphoticSymphotic Posts: 711Member
    edited December 2014
    I love it. As I often say about photography: "if I don't record it, it will cease to exist". In this case I've been proven wrong: some things can be carefully recreated.
    Post edited by Symphotic on
    Jack Roberts
    "Discovery consists in seeing what everyone else has seen and thinking what nobody else has thought"--Albert Szent-Gyorgy