Photography Events

michael66michael66 Posts: 231Member
edited January 2015 in Fun & Weird
Not knowing where to put this, I just created a new thread. Maybe others can add to this as they find similar events.

At the MoMA in NYC; Nicholas Nixon: Forty Years of The Brown Sisters - November 22, 2014–January 4, 2015

Nicholas Nixon: Forty Years of The Brown Sisters

Sorry that there's only a few more days...

An annual B&W picture was taken of four sisters, each taken with an 8x10 plate camera.

Comments

• heartyfisherheartyfisher Posts: 3,186Member
    edited January 2015
    nice thought .. and I join a local forum that have people suggesting interesting events .. but here on NR we are global.. not sure what events would be relevant. maybe Xmas or new year :-) but that's passed ! :-) maybe the mayan end of the world .. buts that's also passed ...
    Post edited by heartyfisher on
    Moments of Light - D610 D7K S5pro 70-200f4 18-200 150f2.8 12-24 18-70 35-70f2.8 : C&C very welcome!
    Being a photographer is a lot like being a Christian: Some people look at you funny but do not see the amazing beauty all around them - heartyfisher.

• HammieHammie Posts: 258Member
    I love the Brown Sisters story. The shot are amazing, too.
  • michael66michael66 Posts: 231Member
    edited January 2015
    @heartyfisher True, but what I was hoping would happen is that folks would add things here that they know about in their neck of the woods. It doesn't even have to be a specific event, could even be a place to go for great shots.

Like Jones Beach. Especially over Memorial Day weekend. The Thunderbirds are supposed to be coming back this year! SCHUMER ANNOUNCES THUNDERBIRDS WILL RETURN TO 2015 JONES BEACH AIR SHOW

Then, let's say, I'm planning on going to San Francisco next week or month, I'd check in here and find something that a local knows about and plan around it.
    Post edited by michael66 on
  • HammieHammie Posts: 258Member
    I think this is a great idea.

I live close enough to Washington, DC, but may not know everything going on there. If someone would post an event, I may be interested and go. Same with Gettysburg, PA or Baltimore, MD.

And like @michael66 said, if someone is traveling, it could help give us something to do when there.

Thanks for starting this thread!