Expected price drop for the nikon d5300 after the d5500 has been anounced?

Muhammad_AliMuhammad_Ali Posts: 1Member
edited January 2015 in D5x00
Hello good people,

I'm a photography enthusiast (with cell phone cameras) and a penniless grad student from Germany. I have been saving up for some time to buy a decent dslr. After doing my research I feel the nikon d5300 would best enable me to take the kind of creative images I always wanted to take and comes more or less inside my price point. Infact I had decided to buy it by the end of this week, but with the recent announcement of the d5500 i wonder if that would effect an eventual price reduction for the d5300?

Normally, I would have just waited a month or two to find out. But the thing is the model is currently included in a cash back program of about 50€ which lasts till the end of jan 2015. So my worry is if I wait for a price drop and miss the cash back which doesnt materialise or isnt significant, I would end up paying full price. I plan on putting any savings towards a nikor 35mm 1.8.

I would appreciate any advice or insights by more expererianced users. Thank you.
Post edited by Muhammad_Ali on
Tagged:

Comments

• spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    Welcome to NR Cassius. ;) If you have done the research into the differences between the D5300 and D7100 and have decided they are not important to you, then you will not go far wrong with the D5300 and of course these great cameras are still great, even when they are superceded and so yes, take advantage and enjoy.
    Always learning.
  • PhotobugPhotobug Posts: 5,751Member
    As of today, the D5300 price has not dropped. We know the price has got to come down, the question is When not if?
    D750 & D7100 | 24-70 F2.8 G AF-S ED, 70-200 F2.8 AF VR, TC-14E III, TC-1.7EII, 35 F2 AF D, 50mm F1.8G, 105mm G AF-S VR | Backup & Wife's Gear: D5500 & Sony HX50V | 18-140 AF-S ED VR DX, 55-300 AF-S G VR DX |
    |SB-800, Amaran Halo LED Ring light | MB-D16 grip| Gitzo GT3541 + RRS BH-55LR, Gitzo GM2942 + Sirui L-10 | RRS gear | Lowepro, ThinkTank, & Hoodman gear | BosStrap | Vello Freewave Plus wireless Remote, Leica Lens Cleaning Cloth |