Micro Adjustments on Used Lenses

isowhatisowhat Posts: 7Member
edited March 2015 in Nikon DSLR cameras
Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum and had a question that I couldn't seem to answer after doing a search through previous discussions. I am thinking about purchasing a used Tamron 24-70 f/2.8 VC that is in excellent condition. I emailed the seller and he said he's never had any problems with the lens optics or mechanics which is a real plus! However, he did mention he had to micro adjust the auto focus to his D600. I currently have an old D60 (due for an upgrade I know) and I was wondering if the previous owner adjusting the focus is a problem for me, seeing as my camera body not advanced enough to have micro adjustments in camera and I would not have a warranty to send it in to Tamron to have them adjust it. Your thoughts and advice are greatly appreciated!
Tagged:

Comments

• NSXTypeRNSXTypeR Posts: 2,286Member
    Don't quote me on this but I think the micro adjustment is just you changing the autofocus system to suit the lens. I don't think the software of the lens gets changed at all.
    Nikon D7000/ Nikon D40/ Nikon FM2/ 18-135 AF-S/ 35mm 1.8 AF-S/ 105mm Macro AF-S/ 50mm 1.2 AI-S
  • heartyfisherheartyfisher Posts: 3,186Member
    edited March 2015
    Yup. what he said.. the camera is changed not the lense.
    Post edited by heartyfisher on
    Moments of Light - D610 D7K S5pro 70-200f4 18-200 150f2.8 12-24 18-70 35-70f2.8 : C&C very welcome!
    Being a photographer is a lot like being a Christian: Some people look at you funny but do not see the amazing beauty all around them - heartyfisher.

• PistnbrokePistnbroke Posts: 2,443Member
    Ask him what sort or + or - figure he used in his fine focus adjust if its under 10 its unlikley you will have a problem .