The Robert's refurbished D7100+18-55mm VR II+55-300mm VR deal is back on and going fast!

CaMeRaQuEsTCaMeRaQuEsT Posts: 357Member
edited August 2015 in Nikon DSLR cameras
Can't believe I've missed this deal 5 times already, but right now at this moment I finally grabbed mine! Yep, my D3300 is out, in comes a D7100 AGAIN, but this time I'm very well prepared to TAME it, banding and all! YEEE-HAAA!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271844872222

Comments

• spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    Nice catch CaMeRaQuEsT. You are going to love that body.
    Always learning.
  • CaMeRaQuEsTCaMeRaQuEsT Posts: 357Member
    edited August 2015
    This is my first purchase from Robert's and so far I am really impressed! They e-mailed me a shipping confirmation with tracking number within the hour of me placing the order on eBay and now after less than 5 hours UPS already shows they have the package with them!

spraynpray, I was initially very overwhelmed by how complicated I found my first D7100, but now more than a year after selling it and then going through the D3200, D5200 and D3300 I feel more confident of being able to wring the most out of this second D7100, thanks in no small part for all the education I've got from this forum. Getting it for less than 1/2 of what I paid for the first one just makes the whole journey even sweeter!
    Post edited by CaMeRaQuEsT on
  • IronheartIronheart Posts: 3,017Moderator
    Single point AF, M mode, and all cameras work the same way ;-) good luck, good choice and great price!
    Ironheart, actually, that is how I used my previous D7100, so I felt it was waisted on me. Now that I'm more the wiser, I´ll be more confident with using all the other nice thingamajigs it has over the D3*00 and D5*00 :)>- Right now I feel just as giddy as I was when I ordered my first D7100. I can't wait to get my hands on it already!
  • spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    Ironheart's point is that you could have eased yourself into the complexity rather than allow yourself to be intimidated by trying to use it all immediately. It is an approach that works.
    Always learning.
  • MaxBerlinMaxBerlin Posts: 86Member
    Best to wear the camera around your neck. When it's waisted, one tends to bump into things and that can be a waste.
    My non-commercial blog:

https://sonyvnikon.wordpress.com/
    edited August 2015
    The camera and lenses arrived Tuesday, all boxes arrived tape-sealed (which is unusual as all my previous refurb Nikon cameras came in un-sealed boxes), no accessories were missing but the 55-300 did not come with a manual. Every function so far has checked ok, but then again I haven't yet had any issues with any of my previous Nikon refurbs so far (current count: 5 bodies, 9 lenses). At 1100 clicks on the odo, it is not the least used refurb body I've gotten: both my previous refurb D3200 and D3300 from BuyDig.com, aka Beach Photo, had low tens on the clock; it is on par though with my previous refurb D5200 from Adorama, which had about 1.5k shutter actuations on it but had the eye cup and manuals missing and the strap had its ends frayed, asked them about these little details and they just deferred me to a Nikon customers' service phone number, so I can't really recommend Adorama for refurb Nikon products.

Comparing this refurb D7100 with my previous brand new gray market unit I can't really find any difference other than only having English and Japanese menus available on the gray market unit. It does feel like the clicks on the positions of the release ring engage more positively in this refurb body though. I also got much easier to read 1/2 letter sized manuals in both English and Spanish this time around, whereas the gray marketeer only threw in a pocket sized English one that might have been a reprint of their own. Overall, I'm getting the exact same camera less than 2 years later for less than half the price, and I'm really happy about it!
    Post edited by CaMeRaQuEsT on