Lunar eclipse discussion

2»

Comments

• IronheartIronheart Posts: 3,017Moderator
    edited October 2015
    What I learned was those cool shots of the moon in different eclipse sequences across the sky are all probably faked to a degree.
    Can you elaborate? What part is "faked", and what do you mean by that.
    Also, the arc of the moon where I was was such that it didn't move across the sky but rather up and over my head (if that makes any sense).
    This is very close to the Atumnal (or Vernal) Equinox, so at the equator the moon (and sun) will rise and travel straight up. Assuming you are not at the equator, the closer you are the more the moon and sun will appear to go straight overhead. If you supply your latitude we can do the math.
    Pretty cool to watch though. Reminds me that sometimes you just have to put the camera down and enjoy the show instead of living every moment through the lens.
    Amen.
    Post edited by Ironheart on
  • proudgeekproudgeek Posts: 1,422Member
    Sorry, by "faked" I meant Photoshopped so that individual shots of the moon were superimposed over a background. What I tried to attempt (explained in the OP) probably isn't feasible.
    I live in Burlington, VT: 44.4758° N, 73.2119° W. I wish this happened a few times each year to give me more opportunities to practice.
  • autofocusautofocus Posts: 625Member
    Used my drone to capture this shot... wink wink

Earth's Shadow
  • dissentdissent Posts: 1,342Member
    off camera flash at full power, I guess (also wink wink)
    - Ian . . . [D7000, D7100; Nikon glass: 35 f1.8, 85 f1.8, 70-300 VR, 105 f2.8 VR, 12-24 f4; 16-85 VR, 300 f4D, 14E-II TC, SB-400, SB-700 . . . and still plenty of ignorance]