New Nikon sensor tech

2»

Comments

• manhattanboymanhattanboy Posts: 1,003Member
    Personally, I have become dispirited with any others reporting and on a topic like this, I would only trust a side-by-side comparison shoot with my D750 like I did for the D7100 with my D7000. These days most bloggers just quickly read around the net and regurgitate the info or worse still add their own distortion based on their own baggage. The 'best' way to shoot nightscapes as printed in magazines and on 99% of blogs is a case in point.
    My favorite comparisons are also the side by side comparisons of the same shot between different cameras. I don't know why, but I find the blinded portrait tests from videos like this fun (fast forward to 12:16 to get to the test):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJi6ERWQuD8If you know what camera which shot came from you tend to convince yourself that there is a difference. We need more blinded comparisons of shots taken e.g. 7100 versus 7200, or D5 versus D4S.
  • spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    Well, according to that test, I at least bought the right camera but it is not a valid concept in my opinion. With blind listening tests, you hear the same music being played from behind a curtain - only the component under review is changed. By comparison, in this test you are being asked to judge which CD player is best when the whole system is also being changed.
    Always learning.