HELP My old Tamron lens and my new Nikon 7000

Hi~

I have finally gotten my beloved new (gently used) Nikon 7000. Is the Tamron 200-28 Aspherical LD (F) compatible? I think so, so why won't the shutter work?

I am getting the F-- error message. The manual says that it's either a compatibility issue or things are dirty.

I have cleaned the contacts.

I was able to take a few pictures, now the shutter will not work.

I appreciate some help!

Comments

• heartyfisherheartyfisher Posts: 3,186Member
    edited January 2016
    You dont need to start new threads :-) this is an international forum and there are many people who don't visit it everyday :-) just be patient . Can you provide some more details regarding your lense? More exact/correct details the better .. your other post was rather undecipherable... :-) and this one is in need of more info. eg the exact lense details eg is it the Tamron 28-200 f3.8/5.6 LD IF or the Tamron AF 28-200mm F/3.8-5.6 XR Di Aspherical (IF) and while you are at it can you also confirm its not the 28-300 :-) just making sure ... also Tamrons tend to have many version of the same lense so any info you have to help differentiate them would be useful. eg the lense model number.
    Post edited by heartyfisher on
    Moments of Light - D610 D7K S5pro 70-200f4 18-200 150f2.8 12-24 18-70 35-70f2.8 : C&C very welcome!
    Being a photographer is a lot like being a Christian: Some people look at you funny but do not see the amazing beauty all around them - heartyfisher.

• PB_PMPB_PM Posts: 4,494Member
    Did you check to make sure the aperture ring is locked at the maximum aperture? If it is not the lens will not work.

Also, some older third party lenses need firmware updates to be compatible with newer DSLR's so that might have something to do with it. You might have to contact Tamron and see if that is the case for the lens you have.
    If I take a good photo it's not my camera's fault.
  • spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    @gardengypsy: I have deleted your duplicate post, please do not spray multiple posts on the same topic at the forum. Sometimes it may even take DAYS to get an answer from another member.
    Always learning.
  • PistnbrokePistnbroke Posts: 2,443Member
    I think we have lost this guy he probably feels a bit poked in the eye...
    It sounds like a misalignment problem on your lens as you say you managed to get some shots off and then it stopped.
    Look at the contacts on the lens and see if they are all sticking up the same amount..one could be down and not making contact.
    fit the lens and with the lock button depressed try rocking it a little left and right while testing the shutter. Sometimes the contact block can be released and moved slightly .......let us know how you go .
  • heartyfisherheartyfisher Posts: 3,186Member
    I find that people who only post once tend to not come back unless they post at least 3 times .. its a forum after-all, a conversation, a 2 way street.
    Moments of Light - D610 D7K S5pro 70-200f4 18-200 150f2.8 12-24 18-70 35-70f2.8 : C&C very welcome!
    Being a photographer is a lot like being a Christian: Some people look at you funny but do not see the amazing beauty all around them - heartyfisher.