Flickr, Access denied

MsmotoMsmoto Posts: 5,398Moderator
Yesterday when I clicked on the link to Flickr from my MacbookPro all I connected with was a home page suggesting I sign up with Flickr or sign in. So, I attempted to sign in using AT&T Uverse sign in, which was the only method I knew as apparently I had no record of my correct password.

And, this got me in to my photostream. But, I then attempted to upload four images, and Flickr created a new account, which I deleted. Again, I had my photostream back, tried to sign in and it created a third account with no images.

Now I cannot access my account with 5600 images, and have no idea as to how to contact Flickr and get this straightened out. Thus I am asking for any help from Forum members who may know more about Flickr and how to reset everything so as to get back in to my Pro account.
Thanks much for any help.
Msmoto, mod

Comments

• WestEndFotoWestEndFoto Posts: 3,745Member
    I had an issue a couple of years ago that ended up with me emailing someone at Flickr to get my account back. So eventually you can get to a human. There is a "I can't access my account." in the help section. Maybe start there.
  • terribirdterribird Posts: 1Member
    Try "Flickr Help" and you will get a page with "can't access my account" and it will walk you thru the process.
  • MsmotoMsmoto Posts: 5,398Moderator
    Well, I have been through all the Flickr help pages, but they seem to route me back to the one issue, that of not understanding what my user id and email are associated with the account.

Now, the good news, I searched some old documents, found the user id which worked, reset my password guessing at an email which worked and am on Flickr now. If all goes well i will attempt to contribute to PAD.

Thanks for the suggestions.
    Msmoto, mod
  • Rx4PhotoRx4Photo Posts: 1,200Member
    I had a similar situation 3 or so years ago when I tried to change my name on Flickr. The account got lost or shut down, don't know exactly what happened. As WestnEndFoto said, I used the "I can't access my account" link to seek help. Took about a week to get things ironed out though.
    D800 | D7000 | Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8 | 24-70mm f/2.8 | 70-200mm f/2.8 | 35mm f/1.8G | 85mm f/1.4G | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 Art | Sigma 50mm f/1.4 Art | Sigma 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM | Zeiss 100mm Makro-Planar ZF.2 | Flash controllers: Phottix Odin TTL

• dissentdissent Posts: 1,344Member
    I've got a different flickr problem - when I click on thumbnails to view images, the image will load onto the screen for a second or two, then the image disappears and I've got eveything on the flickr page except for the image. I can refresh the browser page, but after a second or two the image disappears again and I'm back to the same imageless flickr page.

What the heck?
    - Ian . . . [D7000, D7100; Nikon glass: 35 f1.8, 85 f1.8, 70-300 VR, 105 f2.8 VR, 12-24 f4; 16-85 VR, 300 f4D, 14E-II TC, SB-400, SB-700 . . . and still plenty of ignorance]
  • IronheartIronheart Posts: 3,017Moderator
  • donaldejosedonaldejose Posts: 3,705Member
    Tommie: try saving this somewhere on your laptop. www.flickr.com/photos/fantinesfotos/with/26333023865/
    Then past that into your search engine when to want to access your flicker account and it should take you to your home pro page. That is what I do. Then when I start to type flicker into google chrome the remainder of the address comes up and I just click on it. This just gets you to your account. If your account is corrupted it may not be functioning properly once you are in it.
  • NSXTypeRNSXTypeR Posts: 2,287Member
    Msmoto, if you do remember your password, try this- find a way to clear all the history and stuff from your browser. Be aware that this will "clear" all your saved passwords, so you better make sure you remember all your logins for everything you use. That way your history and logins are flushed from your browser and you can start "fresh".

Again, be careful, you can only do this if you remember your logins for everything else- banking, email, that sort of stuff. You're going to have to log in again.

dissent, you can try the same thing too.

And from the internet hearsay, it appears that Yahoo is in deeper financial trouble and might be spinning Flickr off.
    Nikon D7000/ Nikon D40/ Nikon FM2/ 18-135 AF-S/ 35mm 1.8 AF-S/ 105mm Macro AF-S/ 50mm 1.2 AI-S
    Win 7 pro, firefox
    - Ian . . . [D7000, D7100; Nikon glass: 35 f1.8, 85 f1.8, 70-300 VR, 105 f2.8 VR, 12-24 f4; 16-85 VR, 300 f4D, 14E-II TC, SB-400, SB-700 . . . and still plenty of ignorance]
  • MsmotoMsmoto Posts: 5,398Moderator
    Thanks, I may have to look at other photo posting sites.
    Msmoto, mod
    Yeah, looks like flushing the cache solved my image flashing problem. Still have to log in again for some reason.