Small is practical

2»

Comments

• IronheartIronheart Posts: 3,017Moderator
    @Pistnbroke +1 Just let me know where to ship it @framer
  • paulrpaulr Posts: 1,176Member
    Mobile Phones are like Doctors, You only need them when your in trouble, Problem is you usually are in a none service area, Again a bit like Doctors in the UK { Ours go on Strike}.
    Camera, Lens and Tripod and a few other Bits
  • framerframer Posts: 491Member
    please mail to: 1 Mars Way...

I do miss pay phones. B)
  • NSXTypeRNSXTypeR Posts: 2,286Member

Framer said he doesn't have a phone...

From his tone I thought he was willing to adopt a phone if it satisfied his needs... I guess I was wrong haha.
    Nikon D7000/ Nikon D40/ Nikon FM2/ 18-135 AF-S/ 35mm 1.8 AF-S/ 105mm Macro AF-S/ 50mm 1.2 AI-S
  • spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    edited April 2016
    NSXTypeR said:

From his tone I thought he was willing to adopt a phone if it satisfied his needs... I guess I was wrong haha.
    Nah, he wants to stay in the stone age ( ;) ) and wants Nikon to help him out by putting most of a phone in his camera.. :#
    Post edited by spraynpray on
    Always learning.
  • NSXTypeRNSXTypeR Posts: 2,286Member
    edited April 2016

NSXTypeR said:

Nah, he wants to stay in the stone age ( ;) ) and wants Nikon to help him out by putting most of a phone in his camera.. :#
    Panasonic has (had?) a phone that has a 1 inch sensor in called the CM1.

http://connect.dpreview.com/post/7107523787/panasonic-announces-lumix-dmc-cm1-smartphone-with-1-inch-sensor

I was really interested in it, but I don't think they supported that phone's software all that much.

The next generation had the phone taken out of it... and it ended up still being android powered. Which means it's a worthless camera and pitiful phone.

By the way, does anyone remember this Android powered Nikon?

http://www.dpreview.com/articles/3638044195/nikon-coolpix-s800c-android-camera-first-look
    Post edited by NSXTypeR on
    Nikon D7000/ Nikon D40/ Nikon FM2/ 18-135 AF-S/ 35mm 1.8 AF-S/ 105mm Macro AF-S/ 50mm 1.2 AI-S
  • DaveyJDaveyJ Posts: 1,090Member
    My grandsons have the latest cell phones. They say cell phone photos are pretty lame. I see cell phone pictures every day I am out in public. That have come a long way. I would not personally use a cell phones as a little Nikon D3300 will absolutely destroy any cell phone image I have seen. If this is negativity.....then I am all for it. A technology has to prove itself.
    There are WAY better smal. Cameras than any cell phone cameras I have ever seen. I am going to say the 1st response from Pistnbroke pretty much sums up the photographers present view of cell phone cameras, of use, but not very awesome photos. A good cell phone image however may be better than a bad DSLR photo. There is a lot to photography that transcends the device. I'd just hate to be in an awesome photo op with a cell phone camera and nothing more!

• donaldejosedonaldejose Posts: 3,675Member
    edited May 2016
    Cell phone cameras are fully adequate for social media: but I don't think they are adequate for prints larger than 5x7. Am I wrong on that? Maybe you can go to 8x10 now. Is anyone making 8x10 or larger prints with a cell phone? I think I saw an Adorama video of some guy using a cell phone and printing about 8x10 for an exhibition.
    Post edited by donaldejose on
  • tcole1983tcole1983 Posts: 981Member
    edited May 2016
    As @donaldejose says...sure for social media. It makes quick posting and is adequate for viewing on phones or computers. But it really ends there for me...if it is anything I would think about printing I want a real camera. I just got back from a wedding and I took my d5000 at least. Even using the kit lens it is way better than my phone. I know what it can do and I feel like the results are adequate that I would feel comfortable printing them if I want. I had my phone and really took limited pictures and a few times used both and my d5000 was always better...and what that is a kit lens and 4 or 5 generations old now? It took me a couple days to get the pics off and posted, but they look so much better than the phone ones I took. As you can tell I am not convinced :-)
    Post edited by tcole1983 on
    D5200, D5000, S31, 18-55 VR, 17-55 F2.8, 35 F1.8G, 105 F2.8 VR, 300 F4 AF-S (Previously owned 18-200 VRI, Tokina 12-24 F4 II)