D5 worse than D610 in ISO performance ??

2»

Comments

• donaldejosedonaldejose Posts: 3,711Member
    A pair of bodies is a good thing and DX body and an FX body can make a good pair. One can argue that their controls should be as similar as possible so you can easily switch between them. One could also argue their sensor abilities should be as diverse as possible so you have the greatest coverage possible. But really, it all depends upon what you shoot. If you are a wedding photographer one can argue that the best pair is two identical bodies with the control interface best suited to your preferences and different lenses mounted on them so you can easily move from one to the other without having to remember any different controls. If you are a wildlife photographer perhaps the best pair is a D500 and a D5 so you have extra reach with existing telephoto lenses depending upon how close you can get to the animal. What is "best" depends upon what you do and the "best pair" is going to change every few years.
  • heartyfisherheartyfisher Posts: 3,186Member
    edited May 2017
    Actually my best "pair" is actually a trinity... I also have a Nikon1 that can share the lenses..

Also I forgot to mention fun new tech like flat lenses... and computational sensor arrays.. exciting times ahead.
    Part of the reason why I got my d500, is because I think it's going to be the last great dx dslr...
    Post edited by heartyfisher on
    Moments of Light - D610 D7K S5pro 70-200f4 18-200 150f2.8 12-24 18-70 35-70f2.8 : C&C very welcome!
    Being a photographer is a lot like being a Christian: Some people look at you funny but do not see the amazing beauty all around them - heartyfisher.

• donaldejosedonaldejose Posts: 3,711Member
    edited May 2017
    Yes, I too think the D500 will be "the last great Nikon DX DSLR." The D810 a replacement may be the last great Nikon FX DSLR. By the time four years passes and they both are up for replacement Nikon mirrorless, successor to the Nikon 1 this time with FX and DX sensors, will dominate.
    Post edited by donaldejose on
  • spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    I can't see me changing my D7100 and D750 for many years unless Nikon do something unexpected. Any purchases will be glass.
    Always learning.