Did Nikon service did the final test when they sent back to Custommer ?

My concern is Nikon realy did the general final test all funtion operation on the dslr cameras , befor They sent back to Custommer ?
Any one have any IDear or experience with that . Thank's

Comments

• spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    In my experience, yes. I've never had a problem after service.
    Always learning.
  • MegapixelSchnitzelMegapixelSchnitzel Posts: 185Member
    Mecubig: is there a reason for asking that question? Did you have a less-than-satisfactory experience with a Nikon service center?
  • MecubigMecubig Posts: 7Member
    edited August 2016
    No not that ! I has been read in forum here there about some one sent to Nikon serviced center , and when they got it back, either not working right they have to sent back again , some said , they plug in cables (Ribbon cables) not ailment or loses it , then they have to sent back again just for that because the camera given some errors code , some one even wrote in forum , when they get camera back the orginal problems not fixed then now they have new problems came up with , so if Nikon serviced center really done the final tested and go true QA why peoples have those problems ? Just it my concern
    Post edited by Mecubig on
    I think all the time that humans do work there is the chance of error and that some repair centres are better than others due to better recruiting and training.
    Always learning.
  • MecubigMecubig Posts: 7Member
    Yes I agree with you the human mistake and machine error , hope like you said , let wait and see how they fix my camera this time . I will update when it back from service :smile: )
  • paulrpaulr Posts: 1,176Member
    Its a shame that Nikon do not set a standard workflow for all the International Repair Centres.However I Think all manufactures have this problem. Staff, are key and unless management are on top of there Job, that negative attitude filters down to all the staff.Fortunately I live in the Uk where Nikon UK seem to be on Top of their Job.
    Camera, Lens and Tripod and a few other Bits
    When I ran customer service and after sales service in a large corporation I conceptualised, constructed and implemented a world-wide company approved repair scheme which was entirely in line with what you said Paul. Before the companies wishing to repair our products were sold any parts they had to invest in plant and achieve approval from me which included working to my workflow, using my documentation and attaining my high standards of customer service. They had to pass random audits too. It was a fun project.
    I am sure Nikon have a system which is partially, but maybe not fully, similar.
    Always learning.
  • paulrpaulr Posts: 1,176Member
    When I get good service I go out of my way to praise and thank that company and its staff. When I get bad service and get nowhere, I take it has personal challenge to ensure they make things good regardless of time or costs.
    One of the virtues of being Retired and having some knowledge of UK Law.
    Camera, Lens and Tripod and a few other Bits
    You and me both Paul.
    Always learning.