Buy a D750 or wait for the D6x0 ??

2»

Comments

• IronheartIronheart Posts: 3,017Moderator
    Whaddayawaitinfur?!?
  • decentristdecentrist Posts: 33Member

Thanks for the input thus far, as a bit of additional background:

I really like shoot landscapes, but have been doing more "portrait" type shooting of late ...

I was originally planning on staying DX and buying a D500, but I don't shoot a lot of wildlife or sports (other than kids/grandkids), so the "reach" of DX really isn't important to me. That said, the larger pixels and sensor mean more photons captured, which to my simple thinking can't be a bad thing. I also miss the look of landscapes shot at16mm...

As for FX lenses, I only have one worth discussing, the: Nikon AF-S 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 VR1 but I have funds in the budget for these two when I buy the new body: AF-S 16-35mm f/4G ED VR & AF-S NIKKOR 50mm F1.4G

more photons? wtf

• WestEndFotoWestEndFoto Posts: 3,742Member
    edited December 2016
    @Decentrist, perhaps you could be a little more specific about what is causing you consternation.
    Post edited by spraynpray on
  • Thanks to everyone for the suggestions and opinions; the choice ended up being "none of the above", or really neither that i had been considering .... Black Friday deals sucked me in, have the battery for my D810 on the charger as i type this .... :)

Be warned, I will be looking for tips & tricks from D810 owners!

SSSSteve
  • WestEndFotoWestEndFoto Posts: 3,742Member
    I can't imagine you will be disappointed. Did you get the grip?
  • heartyfisherheartyfisher Posts: 3,186Member
    edited December 2016
    D810 huh... good purchase! Looking forward to seeing some pictures on the PAD !!
    Post edited by heartyfisher on
    Moments of Light - D610 D7K S5pro 70-200f4 18-200 150f2.8 12-24 18-70 35-70f2.8 : C&C very welcome!
    Being a photographer is a lot like being a Christian: Some people look at you funny but do not see the amazing beauty all around them - heartyfisher.

• Yes i did!

I was going to buy a refurbed one off the Nikon site the Friday after Thanksgiving ($1995) but new made more sense when you figure in the value of the Grip, the fact that you can't get a SquareTrade warrenty for a Refurbed unit uness it is bought thru specific vendors, like B&H and Ebay and the goodies you can get with a "kit" ...
  • GEONYCGEONYC Posts: 4Member
    I suggest waiting for the next D-750 (D-760?). Larger pixel size than a D-850, better in low light and about $1,000 less. If it keeps the main features it has now. I suggest you look at a used Zeiss 21mm 2.8 Z 2, DX: 31.5mm. Excellent quality/sharp. Look for one and test it. Note: Panasonic/Leica and Sony/Zeiss are made in Thailand/Japan as are the newer Zeiss. They never show it on the sales sites in the photos of the lenses. It is never mentioned in their ADs or on the box. Only on the lenses. They are still great lenses. I don't know why they do it. They NEED the "Made in Germany", logo.
    The profit is made in Germany.